Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Brandon DeFazio (UPD: Re-assigned to Utica)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Whozio?

Has time run out on Archibald?

Archibald, so far this season, has look like a career AHLer. Unless he turms his game around, there really is next to no chance of him seeing NHL action with us (or for that part any other NHL team).

At this point, i would rank Archibald behind:
Jensen (best NHL skill/most ready NHL player... hasn't been the best player in Utica tho)
DaFazio (best winger for Utica)
O'Reilly (journeymen AHLer but he has played well for Utica and if anyone "earned" a call-up, it would be him, best center for Utica)
Jeffrey (been great this season)
Gaunce
Grenier (defensive issues and since he's unlikely to see a top 6 role... he really shouldn't be called up)
Shinkaruk (WIP, he'll probably move up the depth chart over the course of the season)
Kennis

in the depth chart (in that order). Could argue Lain too but honestly i rarely notice him when i watch Utica play... I notice Archibald mostly for negative play tho so i guess going un-noticed might be better.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Wasn't a factor obviously but played pretty well.

To be fair the 4th line was really a last minute make-shift line that more or less made up of the 3 players that had the least impact (and thus bench for the end of the game). As soon as Vey moved up to the first line and Horvat moved to the 4th line, the 4th line looked horrible and pretty much got benched after a few shifts (not sure if they played at all in the 3rd).

Horvat was good on the draw but made a rookie mistake/turnover. Considering he isn't likely to contribute anything offensively yet, mistakes like that will earn him a trip back to Jr.

Was hoping Jensen would get some PP time (i don't count 2 seconds nor remember it lol). He has a very good shot that would be perfect for the PP.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Looked pretty good last night for a first NHL game. Good to know we have another capable guy in Utica if we continue to get hit by injuries.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
3 games in 3 nights, in 2 leagues, on 2 coasts...kid did alright

This considered, it was a pretty successful night for him. Legs looked a little tired and decision making needs to be quicker, but all things considered, solid start. Nice to see a guy rewarded for hard work.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Skated well, drew a penalty. Looked solid.

Would much rather carry a guy like this as a spare forward than Sestito. Can skate at the NHL level, not a liability defensively, is a PK ace a the AHL level. And has some grit/toughness.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Would much rather carry a guy like this as a spare forward than Sestito. Can skate at the NHL level, not a liability defensively, is a PK ace a the AHL level. And has some grit/toughness.

YES! Glad someone else mentioned it. Defazio is an infinitely better two-way player at this level just on his skating alone than Sestito, who embarrasses himself nearly every time he's out on the ice. This guy could eventually round out into a competent bottom-sixer, like Weise.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Agreed.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
A grinder's game obviously translates easily from the AHL to the NHL, especially if you're just expecting him to play 6 minutes of liability-free hockey.

Decent showing, all things considered.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sent back down to the AHL today.

Thought he did well, would like to see more of him.

Was better than Jensen and would have kept him for the next game over Jensen.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

So much this

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Can we discuss how underrated this player has been for the Canucks organization as a whole this season? He plays a power game and has been defensively responsible in the midst of putting up his best offensive numbers so far in his career. I don't expect much but I really hope the Canucks retain this player on a two-way contract because he appears to be the ideal call-up.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Can we discuss how underrated this player has been for the Canucks organization as a whole this season? He plays a power game and has been defensively responsible in the midst of putting up his best offensive numbers so far in his career. I don't expect much but I really hope the Canucks retain this player on a two-way contract because he appears to be the ideal call-up.

Agreed. I hope he's re-signed.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Definitely worth a contract spot. Would have played for a team like Edmonton in the NHL for sure this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad