Recalled/Assigned: Canucks Recall Arshdeep Bains from Abbotsford / Reassign Jett Woo

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bains started the season brilliantly but I haven’t loved his game the last month or two.

Made himself effective last year and got everyone’s attention by working his ass off and skating miles and being a bit of an agitator but haven’t seen much of that at all recently … some skill player bad habits have crept into his game. Hasn’t been ‘bad’ or anything but I don’t think he’s necessarily doing the things he needs to recently.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Glad to hear this. Hasn't been a lot of opportunities up front this year for players to step in. Good to be healthy but also good to get a look and see if Bains Pod and Raty can help us if needed.

Crafty smart playmaker who makes a lot of subtle plays that keep the puck moving the right direction. Hope he slots in with miller and Boeser for a couple games at least to give him a real chance to showcase himself

View attachment 821026

Last edited:

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Bains started the season brilliantly but I haven’t loved his game the last month or two.

Made himself effective last year and got everyone’s attention by working his ass off and skating miles and being a bit of an agitator but haven’t seen much of that at all recently … some skill player bad habits have crept into his game. Hasn’t been ‘bad’ or anything but I don’t think he’s necessarily doing the things he needs to recently.
I wonder if he goes back to that type of player knowing the NHL is within his reach. Could be some added motivation to show what he’s got and make an impression.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can't see any downside in sitting out Di Giuseppe in and getting Bains into an NHL game. It's a Saturday HNIC game.....what a night to make your NHL debut.

But if it's not tomorrow night, I really they give Bains a game or two before he make his inevitable return to Abbotsford.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Coming off a pretty good showing showing in the All Star game and overall, despite some fall off after his injury, has developed well this year.

Question that I see that needs answering (if he gets into the lineup) is whether he can keep up skating wise.

I get the impression Tocchet was not overly impressed with Woo.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
by my count, if bains plays he’d be our third punjabi guy right? after robin bawa and i think prab rai got a game or two?

and we’ve had japanese guys, kariya and hirose, and we’ve had richard park, who’s korean. and a handful of first nations and métis players.

but two things i don’t think we’ve seen yet are an Indigenous player from BC, let alone someone from the host nations, or a chinese player. will be nice to see those someday… play woo you cowards.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
by my count, if bains plays he’d be our third punjabi guy right? after robin bawa and i think prab rai got a game or two?

and we’ve had japanese guys, kariya and hirose, and we’ve had richard park, who’s korean. and a handful of first nations and métis players.

but two things i don’t think we’ve seen yet are an Indigenous player from BC, let alone someone from the host nations, or a chinese player. will be nice to see those someday… play woo you cowards.

Bawa did, Rai did not.

E: Manny Malhotra

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Coming off a pretty good showing showing in the All Star game and overall, despite some fall off after his injury, has developed well this year.

Question that I see that needs answering (if he gets into the lineup) is whether he can keep up skating wise.

I get the impression Tocchet was not overly impressed with Woo.

What gives you that impression with Woo?

He wasn’t going to dress unless someone else got hurt / had a bad showing, which is the same situation Bains will be in, IMO. But they get to skate with the big club, get a way bigger paycheque, and soak up some experience for a few days.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
About time, always thought Bains deserved a callup. He's been outstanding the past two seasons in the AHL, the mvp of the allstar game deserves a look. Happy Bains finally gets a chance and hoping he sees some action. Could be Laffertys replacement since we probably won't be able to afford him next season.

infinitebook

Jan 13, 2024
i heard bains and kuzmenko didn't get along so it makes sense they waited until after trade to give him a chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad