Recalled/Assigned: Canucks Recall Arshdeep Bains from Abbotsford / Reassign Jett Woo

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Canucks have a road back-to-back on Monday & Tuesday. 11am game against the Wild followed by a 6pm game against the Avalanche. If they want to get Bains in one of those would be pretty perfect.

Personally, I hope he gets sent back for Monday’s Abbotsford game against the Wranglers. I’m bringing 7 people to that game and he’s the only real offensive catalyst left.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Jet Woo reward promotion. Given Joshua is out, PDG kills penalties, and Bains plays LW, I dunno how he slots in.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
yeah little moves like this, even just having woo around the guys for a couple days, getting a practice in, experiencing it.. means the world to them but keeps eyes on the prize and reminds sometimes what the pros do

it's great little moves, good stuff

Jet Woo reward promotion. Given Joshua is out, PDG kills penalties, and Bains plays LW, I dunno how he slots in.
could sit aman - lafferty to center and flip pdg or bains, both have games that can translate to off wings, which i believe both 'can' play

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Didn’t play Woo against Chicago. Not sure if they’d give Bains Minny or Colorado. Good for him though, nice reward!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
could sit aman - lafferty to center and flip pdg or bains, both have games that can translate to off wings, which i believe both 'can' play

Could do. Aman hasn't been great in the dot if I recall, but they've seemed to not like Lafferty at centre.

I believe Aman is also PDG's PK partner on the third unit, I haven't followed Bains close enough to know whether he can PK.

Aman is basically third in SH TOI/GP (pre-Lindholm who has jumped to lead the team's PK since acquisition).

Last edited:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Could do. Aman hasn't been great in the dot if I recall, but they've seemed to not like Lafferty at centre.

I believe Aman is also PDG's PK partner on the third unit, I haven't followed Bains close enough to know whether he can PK.

Aman is basically third in SH TOI/GP (pre-Lindholm who has jumped to lead the team's PK since acquisition).
yeah fair enough - and i can see the apprehensiveness with lafferty at center - he has trouble with lines/routes. wing suits him due to this..

i can see bains long term developing into a fantastic penalty killer just due to quick feet/stick and smarts

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
yeah little moves like this, even just having woo around the guys for a couple days, getting a practice in, experiencing it.. means the world to them but keeps eyes on the prize and reminds sometimes what the pros do

it's great little moves, good stuff

I think the Nux coaching staff want to assess these guys against the big boys even if its just in practice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad