News Article: Canucks Re-Sign President Jim Rutherford to 3-Year Contract Extension

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Multiple things it could be ranging from Rutherford/Allvin contract extensions, multiple transactions, or something to do with the practice facility.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Bring on the Moleman extension. Don’t want Aqua in charge of hiring/firing a GM ever again.
IMG_0146.gif

IMG_0147.gif

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
honestly thought that he was going to move to senior advisor or some fluff bs role while allvin would move to president and one of the assistants to gm

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Great news that Rutherford is getting an extension, but man, I had my hopes up for a Petey extension for a few moments. Poop. :laugh:

When someone mentioned how Nylander signed his contract, then became scoreless for 4 games and was taking a lot of heat, I can sort of understand Pete's position too. Even the best of players could get a cold streak, and if it happened to be right after an extension, the situation will look worse than it already is.

After last summer's moves, I am reasonably confident Mr. Moleman and Mr. Clean will do what has to be done. And they themselves should be way more aware of the weight of their work than we are.

Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If anything, Rutherford is a great communicator and I genuinely like to hear things he has to say.

Both him and Mr. Clean speak in a very clear manner, and you can tell that their brains are always 10 seconds ahead of the conversation, not 10 weeks BEHIND it.

But most importantly, what they did so far worked out for the most part (ie. Hronek), and what didn't work out was quickly corrected (ie. Beauvillier). Which is why, on top of other things, I'm not hugely concerned about Kuzmenko, even though I still really like the player.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
as long as rutherford's job is just to run interference for allvin this is fine. don't love the idea of having a 78 year old making decisions though

Reactions: Red and Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad