Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-sign Guilliaume Brisebois 1 year 2 way

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
More depth for Abbotsford. Never a bad thing. Certainly a better option than Chatfield.

Reactions: bh53

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
OmG BeNnInGs Priorities!!!!11

I really don't understand what the big deal is. You don't just work on the most important things. Dickinson with his arbitration hearing is the most pressing negotiation and obviously Petey and Hughes are the most important. But negotiation progress isn't linear. There will be pockets of time where you're in a holding pattern. That's when you want to take care of some other business like Breezebois where you're literally just negotiating AAV ($700-750K) and AHL money. In comparison, Chatfield got $750K/$225K which would be as high of a raise BreezeBois can realistically seek.

Given last season's disaster I'm content with the work the Canucks put in this offseason. They have taken care of business the way they should.

Last edited:

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
I really don't understand what the big deal is. You don't just work on the most important things. Dickinson with his arbitration hearing is the most pressing negotiation and obviously Petey and Hughes are the most important. But negotiation progress isn't linear. There will be pockets of time where you're in a holding pattern. That's when you want to take care of some other business like Breezebois where you're literally just negotiating AAV ($700-750K) and AHL money. In comparison, Chatfield got $750K/$225K which would be as high of a raise BreezeBois can realistically seek.

Given last season's disaster I'm content with the work the Canucks put in this offseason. They have taken care of business the way they should.
Yup. Very satisfied with the Canucks offseason, like the way both teams are shaping up.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Send him to Montreal for Gianni Fairbrother. Both get to play close to home.

i dont know what would be funnier Benning saying Guiyome Breezbwah or Gyannie

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Fairbrother has value as a recent 3rd rounder. Brisebois has zero value as a 24 y/o AHLer needing waiver clearance.
yes but it's Bergevin he owes us for Toffoli and dare i say Zack Kassian:naughty:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
where he fits in the organization can be summed up by canucks release describing him as 6' 2" 175 lbs?

either they can't be bothered to update his stats since the draft or something is wrong with his diet.

Maybe they should hire Drance for their Communications team.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
A few weeks ago, I asked a friend (an oiler fan who had never seen this name before) to pronounce his name, and he said "Gilliam?" god damn it made me laugh

Obviously Benning had no idea who Brisebois was when he spoke of him. lol, what a putz

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Brisebois is by now a classic AHL-NHL 'tweener. Decent depth at the AHL level, but the Canucks d-corps would have to be a Mash unit before he'd ever play up top.

But I suppose the positive thing is that it wasn't too long ago that Brisebois was third or fourth on the Canucks prospect list. Now he's just a journeyman, but a guy who has proven to be decent at the AHL level.

I think he gets the benefit of the doubt every UFA season because Benning drafted him and signed him; and he was the third rounder who came back from the Pens in the original Sutter trade.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Brisebois is by now a classic AHL-NHL 'tweener. Decent depth at the AHL level, but the Canucks d-corps would have to be a Mash unit before he'd ever play up top.

But I suppose the positive thing is that it wasn't too long ago that Brisebois was third or fourth on the Canucks prospect list. Now he's just a journeyman, but a guy who has proven to be decent at the AHL level.

I think he gets the benefit of the doubt every UFA season because Benning drafted him and signed him; and he was the third rounder who came back from the Pens in the original Sutter trade.

I thought he was the third rounder we got for Eddie Lack.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

He's not a tweener, at this point he's simply an AHL defenseman.

Can you show where/when he was ranked as a top 3/4 prospect for the Canucks? That seems unlikely.

And while I agree he likely gets a longer leash because of Benning, as others have mentioned he had nothing to do with the Sutter trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad