Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign G Richard Bachman to 2-Year, 2-Way Deal

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Bachman has been a good soldier/1B goaltender with Demko in Utica the past couple of seasons. With Demko likely to spend more time with the big club this year and DiPietro not AHL-age yet, Bachman's a good veteran to have down there.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think Bachman would be a good signing.

All reports suggest that Bachman has handled the mentor role in Utica well. If Demko were to get called up, he's entirely capable of playing big minutes in the AHL, and if there's an emergency with the big club, he's shown he's capable of competence in the back-up role in the NHL.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
They needed a fourth goalie signed, Bachman is as good as any.

Curious what teams are willing to give up a 3rd/4th rounder for a mediocre backup with a $2.5M cap hit.

DiPietro isn't AHL eligible yet.
With his showing at the Worlds, I could see a team like Detroit give up a mid pick. And my bad on Dipietro

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Why do you think this has anything to do with Nilsson? The Canucks needed to have 4 goalies under NHL contracts so it was either sign Bachman, a known commodity and a great mentor, or sign a UFA goalie come July 1st. DiPietro will still be in juniors this year so his contract slides.

Exactly. It's not like Bachman is actually better than Nilsson

2018-19 Markstrom/Nilsson, Demko/Backman

2019-20: Markstrom/Demko, Bachman/Dipietro

Reactions: UticaHockey

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Benning did well here, did he use up all his competence on this deal before signing Granlund?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad