Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign F Linden Vey to a 1-Year, $1m Deal

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Well now we can all breathe a fart of tension. I'm just assuming that's what the opposite of a sigh of relief is.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Ahh so panic stations were not in order here....not sure how I feel about Vey, hope he gets stronger over the off season.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Looking forward to Garrett shouting Vey day Vey day hysterically when he scores in overtime Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not thrilled, not infuriated. Decent show-me deal. He has some tools, but man oh man, does he ever need to focus on building strength this summer. If he can do that and round out a bit defensively, I see him as a Mason Raymond-esque bottom-six forward.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
... and Benning doubles down on another mistake.

Guy is an AHL player. Will be frustrating to see him on the PP again ahead of Horvat and Kassian.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Why oh why does he get any sort of raise beyond the 10% of his qualifier? He should be a 13th forward or first call up.

But whatever. At least the asset wasn't pissed away by not qualifying him. But we damn well better not be watching Vey while better assets sit on the bench.

I think this may mean one other thing...they are unable to come to terms with Richardson and wanted to make sure they had another center signed.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have extended qualifying offers to five players:

Baertschi, Sven
Clendening, Adam
Corrado, Frank
Grenier, Alexandre
Markstrom, Jacob

The following players did not receive qualifying offers:

Andersson, Peter
Conacher, Cory
Eriksson, Joacim
McMillan, Brandon
Stanton, Ryan
Weber, Yannick
Zalewski, Michael

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
... and Benning doubles down on another mistake.

Guy is an AHL player. Will be frustrating to see him on the PP again ahead of Horvat and Kassian.

I wonder what the narative would be if he didn't sign him? Asset wasting?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not sure what he did to deserve $1M. Too bad we aren't moving on from him, but it would have been a huge waste of a 2nd round pick.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Fair contract, nothing to complain about IMO. I thought overall Vey's rookie seasons wasn't a complete disappointment, I thought his compete level got better toward the end of the year. 24pts as a rookie isnt bad, although those numbers are probably inflated by his PP time with the twins.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
1x1 isn't terrible, but isn't great either. I can live with it. He should have been given his QO as he didn't have leverage.

Hope management/coaching's willing to waive him if he doesn't show improvement early on.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not qualifying Stanton and Weber is really something that is unforgiveable.

Under 27 year old, cheap assets that can play some role in the NHL.

Yay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad