Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-sign D Peter Andersson to a 1-Year, $600K Deal (2 Way)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sweet! Andersson has always been one of my dark horses since he was drafted. Like his size and skating and seems like a good guy to have in the system. I think he could evolve into an effective 6/7 defenseman.

bo2shink*

Mumbles something about term and cap hit then shuffles back to Miller/Vrbata/Vey threads.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Hello, Miiiiissssterrrrr Andersson. This offer is the sound of inevitability to prove you are the one, to be brought up from the minors or to stay there.

Signed,

Your Agent,

Smith

May 31, 2006
I imagine that if he doesn't get some NHL playing time this year, he'll go back to Sweden next summer.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Andersson was steady but not spectacular in Utica last season. The biggest weakness in my opinion is he is a big body but plays small. He needs to work on becoming much more physical before he gets his cup of coffee in the NHL. I like the signing but this is a make or break year and needs to step it up.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Utica + depth guy. Think he can still develop into being a decent bottom pairing dman.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Sweet! Andersson has always been one of my dark horses since he was drafted. Like his size and skating and seems like a good guy to have in the system. I think he could evolve into an effective 6/7 defenseman.

The Comets now have 7 D-men signed. He is the softest of the bunch. He doesn't play the body. He gets destroyed physically by opponent fore checkers. He does not move well with the puck. His first pass is often to nobody as he is trying to boost it while under heavy pressure.
If the Comets were to bring Huskins back into the fold, that would make 8 and someone would be taking a trip to the Zoo. My guess is it would be Andersson. No Huskins? He's safe, but may end up watching a lot from the press box if he doesn't get his game down better than last season.

Not right away, but his bus ticket may be ready if he doesn't become a more solid defender. He needs to get much better at his one on one play. Take the body and at least ride the guy out or tie him up so he is no longer dangerous instead of poke checking and backing in too far.

I don't see it. He's been at least a serviceable top 4 guy at the AHL level the past couple years.

Serviceable may describe his best efforts. He managed to get by, but that is not enough if he wants to at least stay in the AHL. He'll never get to the NHL with his current game.

Yeah, he'll be in Utica. Solid, steady, not flashy - they need a guy like that.

See my above posts. Utica needs him to become much better than he was. The two kids are better already.

I imagine that if he doesn't get some NHL playing time this year, he'll go back to Sweden next summer.

That would reveal a lousy attitude. He should be working to overcome his shortcomings. He is fixable. Hard to change your style at 23, but he can't get to the NHL if he doesn't play the man. Playing the puck requires way too much skill and lightning speed. Most guys can't do that so they learn to take the man and remove him from the equation. I don't mean bashing and crashing. I mean stepping into the man and denying him access to the net or shooting lanes. Tie him up and ride him out consistently. By doing so he would also deny him the pass. The rush bogs down and the opportunity to change possession increases.

Andersson was steady but not spectacular in Utica last season. The biggest weakness in my opinion is he is a big body but plays small. He needs to work on becoming much more physical before he gets his cup of coffee in the NHL. I like the signing but this is a make or break year and needs to step it up.

We are in agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
See my above posts. Utica needs him to become much better than he was. The two kids are better already.

Depends on if you believe what you saw over a 6 game sample size (or whatever the number was). We've seen several examples of kids who stepped into the AHL and looked good in a relatively small sample but didn't keep up that same level of play over a full season - like Longpre, Price, Schroeder and Cannata. We'll see if McEneny and Blain can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad