Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Akito Hirose to 2-Year Deal ($775/350, $800K)

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Cant not like this...One of the bright spots in a dismal year..Didnt have to use his physicality, he just used his brain...As I said earlier, when he was paired with Myers, he made Myers much better.

Conversely though, he does need to bulk up a bit...I 'd say he should easily get the # 7 D spot on the team next season.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I am confused on the need to give full minors salary in the second year, but then again, it's not my money, good for the player, bad for Aqualini's wallet, so win, win, win.

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
he doesn't have to go through waivers, so provides a lot more flexibility for the Canucks .... good signing. looked very capable as a fill in D man. What with Soucy, Irwin and Cole being signed, I don't see him getting much ice time up here. (and sorry to see Burroughs go, but what can you do?)

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Happy to see Hirose signed

He showed well in the games he played at the end of the season. Fingers crossed with a summer of training he can slot onto the 3rd pairing

Reactions: calnuck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Needs to get significantly stronger. Second year one way felt like a given but that’s a bet you need him to come full circle on. The brain is there. Just needs to look the part defending his own end. And get quicker as well.

Will be curious how well he develops. Abbotsford has a lot of guys next year where they will need to make their jump. The improvements have to happen for Hirose, Johansson, Woo, & McWard next year if they’re going to make it as full time NHLers.

Should be interesting to watch actually

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Will be curious how well he develops. Abbotsford has a lot of guys next year where they will need to make their jump. The improvements have to happen for Hirose, Johansson, Woo, & McWard next year if they’re going to make it as full time NHLers.

Should be interesting to watch actually

hirose and johansson will benefit from playing in the AHL. hirose playing against players with NHL bodies and johansson from the rink dimensions. i think it's fine to be patient with those two

woo needs to make the jump soon if he's going to be anything more than a guy who kicks around the top of ahl lineups and the bottom of nhl lineups for the next five years

mcward needs at least a season in the ahl. maybe more

Reactions: Indiana and arttk

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Exact same contract structure as Wolanin and Brisebois. Going to have a lot of one-ways on the books for 2024-25.

Honestly who cares... not our money and as long as it is below what we can throw into the minors I never care. Hell give them all NHL money if it is below that!

Reactions: DekeyPete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad