Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers - 1/19/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I hope they can play like that against better teams.

Guess I'll be the debbie downer, Vancouver has given up on average 44 shots against in their last 4 games.

In a way they kind of looked like the Rangers do when they are not defending the front of their net while turning the puck over and Lundqvist is on fire keeping them in the game.

I think the Rangers played well and all but I'm not going too get to carried away until they start to beat teams who are playing well.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I hope they can play like that against better teams.

Guess I'll be the debbie downer, Vancouver has given up on average 44 shots against in their last 4 games.

In a way they kind of looked like the Rangers do when they are not defending the front of their net while turning the puck over and Lundqvist is on fire keeping them in the game.

I think the Rangers played well and all but I'm not going to get to carried away until they start to beat teams who are playing well.

You're not, it's a pretty accurate view. Vancouver is/was awful. It's tough to gauge how well they played, playing against that mess.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We were also sending 2 bodies to the crease a lot last night. Hopefully they'll continue to do that

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Meanwhile megna looks like crap lol. Nice going av
3911120.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Vancouver had 11 shots on goals in the first period and were pretty much outplayed thoroughly despite being up a goal at the end of the period.

Vancouver had 9 shots on goal for the entire rest of the game--6 shots in the second period, 2 in the third and 1 in overtime. 9 shots on goal in almost 44 minutes. The Rangers had 32 over that time span and 49 altogether. Add in the 6 goal posts.

The only Canuck player who could legitimately claim he had a good night was Ryan Miller who also (with all those posts) had a lucky night.

So....no I don't think Etem was all that great. He got an assist but even so.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Meanwhile megna looks like crap lol. Nice going av

Hahaha. Yeah, it's AVs fault, of course.

It has nothing to do with Megna being a career AHL-player. Etem didn't work out with this team. It happens. He has gotten a chance in Vancouver but we should reserve judgement until he's had some more games to show what he can actually do. Megna and Etem are very similar

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Kreider isn't practicing today because of neck spasms, and Brassard returned to practice after being out with flu-like symptoms.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wonder if Kreider is out because of the hit with Vrbata.
probably he immediately went right to bench after that hit and you can tell he was shaken up. just hope its a tweak and nothing head related. figures our luck. he was getting back into his flying physical play mode.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Etem drew the penalty on their OT win recently. He looks decent with actual linemates.

I said it when he was here, that his strength is on the 3rd line, not on the 4th where he is getting sheltered minutes with a goon (Glass). We made the same mistake as Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad