Speculation: Canucks prospect likely to play in 2020 World Junior

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Just trying to generate a bit of a list on who is likely to play next year?

Locks:
Podkolzin - Russia
Hoglander - Sweden
Silovs - Latvia
Woo - Canada
Madden - USA
Utunen - Finland

Maybe:
Keppen - Canada

Long shot:
Costmar - Sweden
Focht - Canada
Plasic - Czech

*I added two more possibles in Focht and Plasic...

Have I missed anyone? Any on these guys not eligible?

It’s exciting to think that 5-8 players could be in the best junior tournament in the world.

Add this to our already solid group of prospects and things look good.

Depietro
Lind
Gadovich
Palmu
Madden
Lockwood
Brisebois
Juolevi

Not happy they dealt picks this year but honestly the Canucks prospect pool is very bright.

Last edited:

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
That prospect pool is average to below average.

It only looks exciting when you focus on potential alone and assume every player will reach their max.

Almost every other team in the league has a prospect pool with equally "exciting" prospects.
Nah, ours is better.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
That prospect pool is average to below average.

It only looks exciting when you focus on potential alone and assume every player will reach their max.

Almost every other team in the league has a prospect pool with equally "exciting" prospects.
It's a good prospect pool. I get it, we haven't won shit and haven't made the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Things have sucked since like 2013.

The negativity is expected from Canucks fans, but our prospect pool looks great. It's better than it has been in a long time, and yet people are still negative.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It's a good prospect pool. I get it, we haven't won **** and haven't made the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Things have sucked since like 2013.

The negativity is expected from Canucks fans, but our prospect pool looks great. It's better than it has been in a long time, and yet people are still negative.
No shit it’s better than it was before.

This team f***ing sucks and the NHL bails out incompetence by giving bad teams , high picks.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Just trying to generate a bit of a list on who is likely to play next year?

Locks:
Podkolzin - Russia
Hoglander - Sweden
Silovs - Latvia
Woo - Canada
Madden - USA
Utunen - Finland

Maybe:
Keppen - Canada

Long shot:
Costmar - Sweden

Depietro
Lind
Gadovich
Palmu
Lockwood
Brisebois
Juolevi

If you had to bet, how many of these 15 prospects would you predict would play more than 80 games in the NHL? My guess would be four, but I tend to be optimistic when it comes to prospects.

It does look like the World Juniors will be entertaining for Canucks fans.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Our current prospect pool is nothing special, but that's because our best prospects have all recently graduated to the NHL.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's a good prospect pool. I get it, we haven't won **** and haven't made the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Things have sucked since like 2013.

It's a good junior prospect pool, which is nice for the WJC. In terms of making the NHL the list worth mentioning shrinks a lot. From the last 4 drafts where we've picked bottom 10 each year we have:

Graduated: Pettersson, Hughes*
Potential impact players: Podkolzin
Promising but need more time: Hoglander, Woo, Madden, DiPietro
Depth players: Lockwood, Juolevi

And that's about it. Yes it's a good prospect pool, the problem is it really isn't good enough considering where we've been finishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad