Rumor: Canucks 'poking around' on Evan Rodrigues and 'in the mix' for Calvin de Haan

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Genuinely surprised no one has sign Rodrigues yet, unless him and his agent are asking for way too much.

But also, he can play center, no? If so, then it makes sense that Vancouver would sign him since they need a 3C.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean...<1 million, 1 year deals for each we can afford, I guess.

I don't know where we're fitting another left shot D, even if he plays right side, and another center/winger wouldn't be bad if a trade is made for Miller/Garland/Boeser/Hoglander/whoever.

If we move Poolman we could give his cap hit to either one, but man....this is not computing with the current roster.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Are they kicking tires on any other players? Or simply chewing the fat with a couple forwards? Maybe giving a defenseman a once over.
They might be consulting with genetic engineers to figure out how to create a player from spare parts out there.

must get the tetanus booster…
Still blows my mind Benning gave out that contract to tucker Poolman

Rick Dhaliwal's network is agents as he knows all of them and thats how he got his start, and he said NOBODY was offering Poolman even remotely close the contract Benning gave him.

One of the most random contracts I have ever seen.

all I can think of to explain it….

he had a model roster that he attached price points fir certain players. He fit a role and a salary slot.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
DB4mDCDW6nYbI9rQLmVCAXElX6U=.gif

Attachments

• 1660953402406.png
    1660953402406.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 6

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Ferland is a permanent resident of LTIR Island and Poolman appears to be LTIR bound so they have some wriggle-room.

If they are smart they re-sign JT Miller, trade Garland for a RHD and sign Rodrigues to backfill.

Reactions: mc1laren

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I kind of wonder if there's a contract year hero concern.

Definitely should scare teams away from something long term or high cap, but being unsigned at this point after his season seems odd.

I know he had highish points and his game doesn’t match his output this year, but he’s still better than quite a few who singed for a similar role he’d occupy

Last edited:
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ferland is a permanent resident of LTIR Island and Poolman appears to be LTIR bound so they have some wriggle-room.

If they are smart they re-sign JT Miller, trade Garland for a RHD and sign Rodrigues to backfill.
Actually, LTIRing Poolman and sending Dowling to the minors gives us something like 4.7 million in cap space, and a 20 man roster.

Forget what I said earlier.

Holy crap.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
CdH isn't good anymore and Rodrigues is a one year wonder, so the Canucks being interested checks out. And I feel bad for their fans, they've been through a lot with nothing to show for it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
CDH has nothing left in tank

He has been horrendous the last 2 years and was easily the worst Hawk player over that span which say a lot since Eric Gustafson also was Hawk defender last year

CDH drags down everyone he plays with

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
CDH has nothing left in tank

He has been horrendous the last 2 years and was easily the worst Hawk player over that span which say a lot since Eric Gustafson also was Hawk defender last year

CDH drags down everyone he plays with
Jim Benning's palms are sweating. 5 years at $5m. Thank god he's gone.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Still blows my mind Benning gave out that contract to tucker Poolman

Rick Dhaliwal's network is agents as he knows all of them and thats how he got his start, and he said NOBODY was offering Poolman even remotely close the contract Benning gave him.

One of the most random contracts I have ever seen.
Agreed, likely spends the next 3 years on LTIR. Ala Ferland. Too bad, I remember when the star signed Hakkaanpa for like 1 or 1.5 million and I thought he was way better than Poolman for less money. I was so confused. Then I woke up and remembered Benning was a god awful GM. Then I cried myself to sleep.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Agreed, likely spends the next 3 years on LTIR. Ala Ferland. Too bad, I remember when the star signed Hakkaanpa for like 1 or 1.5 million and I thought he was way better than Poolman for less money. I was so confused. Then I woke up and remembered Benning was a god awful GM. Then I cried myself to sleep.
Glad that idiot is fired from our team. Hope Alivin doesn't take the same step as he does.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The important question is are they just in the mix or are they "quietly" in the mix? We need to know.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The important question is are they just in the mix or are they "quietly" in the mix? We need to know.
Quietly. Other teams really won't know what hit them. The Canucks are quietly building the best forward depth in the league, and will burn down all the villages next season. AINEC.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Think it’s fair to say, with so many teams depending on LTIR this year, not wanting to get to the 10% over the cap in the summer, several UFAs already have deals in place. It would be safe to assume two of those players would be Rodrigues and deHaan.

It’s also fair to assume, those deals are likely on the cheap with all the cap issues, and aren’t written in stone either. Just as we’ve heard Edmonton has deals with Kessel and Subban, if a team came to Kessel with double the offer, Edmonton really couldn’t be upset with him.

So if the Canucks come in with better offers, they can likely get these players, as teams that have tentative deals, will almost all be on the cheap.

For whatever reason, Rodrigues feels like he has Tampa written all over him.

Reactions: QuinnsQuest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad