Prospect Info: Canucks pick F Jakob Stukel (6th Round, 154th Overall)

Shaun871

Jan 22, 2012
Langley
Put up almost a point per game with the Hitmen last year. Seems pretty reasonable for a 6th round pick.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Well,his numbers certainly took a big jump after being traded to the Hitmen.Hopefully one of our Calgary based posters can give us some insight on his game.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Don't like this pick.

Nice skater with an impressive move cutting off the wing. Not much else in his game at all. Sucks defensively, no hockey sense.

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
http://thehockeywriters.com/jakob-stukel-the-next-ones-2016-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Stukel is deadly when he’s left alone anywhere near the net with the puck. He’s blessed with a really quick, accurate shot, and he can get it off from some really bad angles. He’s also pretty effective at puck distribution, and the attention he gets from opposition defenders often opens up his linemates for scoring opportunities. Stukel thrives when he gets time and space to operate, and his offensive production is heavily skewed towards his power-play time.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
A bit leary of his numbers being directly correlated with him being an older player.

In his defence, he missed his entire 16 y/o season after ripping his ACL playing baseball, which really set back his development.

That said, like I said in the other thread, he reminds me of a junior David Booth. I don't see a good projection.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
In his defence, he missed his entire 16 y/o season after ripping his ACL playing baseball, which really set back his development.

That said, like I said in the other thread, he reminds me of a junior David Booth. I don't see a good projection.

Hoping he becomes David Booth...

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
In the latter half of the draft is when you can look at overager projects. At the very least he might play for Utica if not Alaska for us. We do have 3 organizations again, so there might be some project types with contracts like the Dand Fox's of the world.
Least this isn't another 3rd round Alex Mallet. In the 6th a few chances might be made.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
In the latter half of the draft is when you can look at overager projects. At the very least he might play for Utica if not Alaska for us. We do have 3 organizations again, so there might be some project types with contracts like the Dand Fox's of the world.
Least this isn't another 3rd round Alex Mallet. In the 6th a few chances might be made.

The overage prospects just always have much more limited upside. I'd rather take my chances with a developing, growing 17 or 18 year old.

These picks barely even fill an organizational need at the lower levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad