Canucks On Trial picture

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
4293b8492ee126f66baf03c37c0e7801.jpg
I have been finding it quite difficult to figure out the value of this picture, so I figured I would post it here and see what fans think this would be worth. it is an original picture.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
4293b8492ee126f66baf03c37c0e7801.jpg
I have been finding it quite difficult to figure out the value of this picture, so I figured I would post it here and see what fans think this would be worth. it is an original picture.

I remember this series. I think they were put out by Save On Foods / Overwaitea back in the early 90's. This was the 3rd one, there was a 2nd that came out the next year that was a Western Theme that I had (and still have in storage somewhere). The first one had them as gangsters (I initially thought yours was this one but I googled it and it's different). No idea as to value, probably nothing exorbitant but if you could find an old-school Canucks fan who wants a young Bure, Odjick, Linden, McLean, etc for nostalgia's sake, you could probably get a couple hundred for it I'd think. Good luck!!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I don’t think that they’re worth much, as they made heaps of them if I remember correctly.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don’t think that they’re worth much, as they made heaps of them if I remember correctly.

Question is always, how many survived and how many people want one. You're probably right though in that they aren't worth much unless you stumble across a motivated buyer. Ebay probably the best place to find out.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
There was a whole series and many given away or sold in a variety of formats.

(I wouldn’t expect much.)

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Question is always, how many survived and how many people want one. You're probably right though in that they aren't worth much unless you stumble across a motivated buyer. Ebay probably the best place to find out.

FWIW, I’ve found several from this series in thrift stores.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I read only 20,000 were made, that number is probably significantly less now and I haven't found any for sale in years.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I remember this series. I think they were put out by Save On Foods / Overwaitea back in the early 90's. This was the 3rd one, there was a 2nd that came out the next year that was a Western Theme that I had (and still have in storage somewhere). The first one had them as gangsters (I initially thought yours was this one but I googled it and it's different). No idea as to value, probably nothing exorbitant but if you could find an old-school Canucks fan who wants a young Bure, Odjick, Linden, McLean, etc for nostalgia's sake, you could probably get a couple hundred for it I'd think. Good luck!!

It actually was a neat thing back in the day. I used to have a Budweiser poster in my garage with Odjick, Antoski and Hunter jumping over the boards with the caption “What Fears all about”

Reactions: CanaFan

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
That was back when theme posters were being made of lots of different sports stars and teams. I remember having quite a few football and basketball posters like Machine Gun Kelly (Jim Kelly), The H-Bomb (Herschel Walker), Special Delivery (Karl Malone), and Nigerian Nightmare (Christian Okoye). I had the above poster as well, and the mobster Canucks one too. Good times.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
That was back when theme posters were being made of lots of different sports stars and teams. I remember having quite a few football and basketball posters like Machine Gun Kelly (Jim Kelly), The H-Bomb (Herschel Walker), Special Delivery (Karl Malone), and Nigerian Nightmare (Christian Okoye). I had the above poster as well, and the mobster Canucks one too. Good times.
That’s back when Sports were more fun. Half of these posters if not more never saw a prime Bo Jackson play either sport. That’s why I laugh at clowns calling LeBron or whoever the best ever. Not to mention Bo probably could have been a heavyweight boxer as well. Best pure athelete I’ve ever seen. Dave Winfield, Brian Jordan and Deion Sanders are a distant second in that order. I like what the Japanese kid is doing with the Angels.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
That’s back when Sports were more fun. Half of these posters if not more never saw a prime Bo Jackson play either sport. That’s why I laugh at clowns calling LeBron or whoever the best ever. Not to mention Bo probably could have been a heavyweight boxer as well. Best pure athelete I’ve ever seen. Dave Winfield, Brian Jordan and Deion Sanders are a distant second in that order. I like what the Japanese kid is doing with the Angels.
Agree. Bo was the greatest. Just legendary. Could have been a track star if he wanted, in multiple events. Jim Thorpe is the only other guy I can think of with that kind of versatility, though Deion was pretty special as well. Ohtani is interesting, I agree.

Reactions: Doyle Hargraves

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I remember these fondly from when I was younger, they'd be the kind of thing I'd buy impulsively if I came across them now but I don't know how much I'd actually want to fork over.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad