• Other

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Quinn Hughes because why the f*** not.

edit

QH43 because Quinn is completely and totally disengaged from this team right now and foisting the C crown onto this head would be a major wake up and engagement and organizational gesture to the best offensive defender in Canucks history and put him on par with his brother Jack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
OEL. He'll be here for years. I can't say the same with any confidence for Pettersson. Losing two young, team drafted captains to UFA in 3 years would be soul destroying

Reactions: M2Beezy

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Luke Schenn has all the characteristics of being a great captain but he is also rumored to be on the block. So I'll go with our best skill player, Elias Pettersson.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I think it has to be Pettersson. He's the best player and gives the most effort, that's really the main criterea. Only true leaders are made captain if they aren't among the team's best players, and there are no other good candidates in that group here.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I hate this type of topic. Does anyone here know what anyone is actually like in the room? Do we know who the team listens to? There are so many questions like this we just don't know.
Usually fans will just vote for the best player

Reactions: racerjoe

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Has to be Petey.

Then we will likely be in the same situation in a year or so when he wants out. I assume it should be someone under contract for a while …

I voted Petey - but I honestly wouldn't be opposed to just not naming a captain at this juncture. A lot of other teams have done it, and if Horvat moves on, we're heading into a big period of roster upheaval. Might be good to wait for the dust to settle before firmly selecting a successor.

Horvats legacy as captain is …. Ugly. Will be known as being a gutless , unskilled team with no identity and (alleged) locker room rifts.

I hate this type of topic. Does anyone here know what anyone is actually like in the room? Do we know who the team listens to? There are so many questions like this we just don't know.

Well… it’s a discussion forum website where we ….. discuss stuff lol. Hypotheticals etc.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
OEL. He'll be here for years. I can't say the same with any confidence for Pettersson. Losing two young, team drafted captains to UFA in 3 years would be soul destroying

You don’t see team drafted / groomed captains leave in free agency often.

That said you don’t see life long drafted players like Edler leave for the same contract offered and guys like Schmidt request out in 9 months.

Reactions: me2 and mathonwy

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Then we will likely be in the same situation in a year or so when he wants out. I assume it should be someone under contract for a while …

Horvats legacy as captain is …. Ugly. Will be known as being a gutless , unskilled team with no identity and (alleged) locker room rifts.

Well… it’s a discussion forum website where we ….. discuss stuff lol. Hypotheticals etc.
Re-sign Petey then make him captain.,.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Well, some journalists are telling us, albeit vaguely, that the room is a disaster. I don't know, I get a sense that there's a lot of conflict and people who just don't and will never again like each other. All this speculation could definitely be (and probably is) inaccurate in detail but I don't think it's totally off-base.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
If they sign Schenn as a UFA this summer, it should go to him. He can keep the C warm for Pettersson until/if he re-signs long term.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The last thing Pettersson needs right now or even in the near future is the captaincy of the Vancouver Canucks. He's the best player the Canucks have right now, but his focus needs to be on hockey not on being chased by the media in a hockey-mad Canadian market.

The answer on who should be captain, is 'nobody' , for the foreseeable future. Go with a couple of co-captains. That seems to be the growing trend in the NHL anyway.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Well, some journalists are telling us, albeit vaguely, that the room is a disaster. I don't know, I get a sense that there's a lot of conflict and people who just don't and will never again like each other. All this speculation could definitely be (and probably is) inaccurate in detail but I don't think it's totally off-base.

Even that isn't telling us who is a leader, or anything. It just says we have a lot of bad personalities and while we can guess who at least 1 reporter thinks they are, it doesn't tell us anything about who should be the leader.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The last thing Pettersson needs right now or even in the near future is the captaincy of the Vancouver Canucks. He's the best player the Canucks have right now, but his focus needs to be on hockey not on being chased by the media in a hockey-mad Canadian market.

The answer on who should be captain, is 'nobody' , for the foreseeable future. Go with a couple of co-captains. That seems to be the growing trend in the NHL anyway.

4 A's or do the Minnesota wild thing, "you get a captaincy, you get a captaincy!"

Go without for the rest of the year and next, lock up Pettersson to 8 years give him the C as part of it.

Reactions: MarkMM

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4