Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | LEAGUE WIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
For added pathos, bring back Maggie the Monkey in time for the trade deadline.

1709533884862.png

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
6 more days. guess how many moves vancouver makes before the deadline or at the deadline. they always tend to do it last min. i say 2 minor and 1 major. guess the time too.i say around 10am 11ish am. 1200 is the cutoff correct????

Reactions: Ginger Papa

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Figure we’ll see three moves. Sign Kessel, acquire a forward, and defenceman. I figure the impact of these moves will be based on whether they can move Mikheyev out.
I think we see 5 moves, I think Mikheyev is moved in a separate transaction.

Kessel
Mikheyev
Toffoli/Guentzel/scoring winger
Depth dman
Lindholm gets traded to NYR or Carolina and all shit hits the fan on HF

Last edited:
  • Haha

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Not a big move—but, I would not be shocked if they trade for a third-string goaltender. I think they want to get the insurance rather than risk a playoff run over injuries in net.
I think they will run with the goalies they have in Abbotsford. Depth on defense is going to be an imperative, we haven’t had a long streak of having everyone healthy and no reason for us to expect that to change.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Send Lindholm to San Jose
Or Carolina for 1/3 of the package offered from Petey. Lindholm for Pesce would be an absolute home run for us.

I think Bluger, Suter, Aman, Lafferty can hold the fort and you could then maybe look at spending your assets on Henrique which if used as a Center would probably be a better fit for the bottom half of the line up.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
I could see a Duhaime deal & a deal for depth defenseman.

Toffoli might be someone they look at in the offseason, like Tanev

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Call Canes and try to see if they will send over somebody for Lindholm. Maybe Bunting? Maybe add an asset and go for Necas? May for futures and flip those for somebody else, but he does not work.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Call Canes and try to see if they will send over somebody for Lindholm. Maybe Bunting? Maybe add an asset and go for Necas? May for futures and flip those for somebody else, but he does not work.
I’d love Bunting as a system fit; however, he’s a total hot head.

Reactions: dez and Ginger Papa

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Not a big move—but, I would not be shocked if they trade for a third-string goaltender. I think they want to get the insurance rather than risk a playoff run over injuries in net.
I wouldn't waste any assets on a 3rd string goalie. If injuries happen in net were f***ed anyways. There is nothing on the market that is significantly better than Desmith/Silovs.

There is no replacing Thatcher Demko. We ride him until we die.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Anyone here who think Mikheyev might even be waived ? Jr has lots of connections and solid relationships but I don’t think he is gonna get any help with Mikheyev in a trade. Best we just waive him and free up that extra 4.5 million bucks of cap room.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Figure we’ll see three moves. Sign Kessel, acquire a forward, and defenceman. I figure the impact of these moves will be based on whether they can move Mikheyev out.

Agreed.

I’m going -

1) Kessel signing
2) Depth forward with size and grit - I’m thinking Duhaime or Greenway
3) I still think we get a lower cost top six forward rather than a Guentzel type. Toffoli at best, Duclair at worst - but all contingent on Mikheyev going the other way, or being moved in a seperate dump deal

* I could also see us adding one more depth defender. Someone like a Mark Friedman who will be in the press box unless injuries hit.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Anyone here who think Mikheyev might even be waived ? Jr has lots of connections and solid relationships but I don’t think he is gonna get any help with Mikheyev in a trade. Best we just waive him and free up that extra 4.5 million bucks of cap room.
No, and no one would claim him so we’d only free up ~$1M.

We’re also not going to trade Lindholm after 10 games. He should be playing on Pettersson’s wing for an extended period rather than desperately juggling the lines though.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Mikheyev may be utterly useless offensive. He's actually good defensive. At least better than anyone we could bring in for the 1M we're saving. And if we do make a bigger trade ala Guentzel, then he has to be involved for cap reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad