Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Playoffs Approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I don’t like Boeser but would rather we bring him back for 1x6.whatever he has left vs signing Guentzel at 7x8M+.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yeah I thought Jiricek was the best player outside of Bedard in 2023 WJC. Columbus isn’t moving him. He needs a good coach.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Yeah I thought Jiricek was the best player outside of Bedard in 2023 WJC. Columbus isn’t moving him. He needs a good coach.
Maybe, but there are red flags IMO. he didn't just whine about deployment (not getting a chance to run the PP) and demotion to the coaching staff, he did it through the media. he then proceeds to go to the AHL and produce a bunch of PP points (half his production) and get ventilated at ES (team worst -17).

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Maybe, but there are red flags IMO. he didn't just whine about deployment (not getting a chance to run the PP) and demotion to the coaching staff, he did it through the media. he then proceeds to go to the AHL and produce a bunch of PP points (half his production) and get ventilated at ES (team worst -17).
He was sent up and promised he’d play, he didn’t play, made the trip to Vancouver, and got sent back down. There was another time where he was sent back down, called back up, played a game, and then got sent back down to play an AHL game, then got sent back up and was sat. Some stupid shit was going on over there. That’s a lot of moving around for a 19 year old kid who’s trying to establish himself and just wants to play. Nemec and Korchinski have been managed well compared to him.

His AHL team is also dog water.

Reactions: theguardianII

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
He was sent up and promised he’d play, he didn’t play, made the trip to Vancouver, and got sent back down. There was another time where he was sent back down, called back up, played a game, and then got sent back down to play an AHL game, then got sent back up and was sat. Some stupid shit was going on over there. That’s a lot of moving around for a 19 year old kid who’s trying to establish himself and just wants to play.

His AHL team is also dog water.
There are no promises in pro sports and the AHL affiliate is a two hour drive away. no reason he can't play for both. The Monsters are a top 10 team in the AHL.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
There are no promises in pro sports and the AHL affiliate is a two hour drive away. no reason he can't play for both. The Monsters are a top 10 team in the AHL.
Yes, but they’re among the worst defensive teams in the AHL. They are the only top 10 team with a negative differential and are 26th in the league in GA.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
That doesn't reflect well on the defender with the worst +/- on the team IMO.
It doesn’t for sure, but he is still only 19. I’m not sure what his usage is like, but i went over to the Columbus boards and they’re frustrated with his usage? Really not sure what’s happening there.

Regardless I keep seeing the guardian suggest we trade for Jiricek as if Columbus hands him over on a silver platter.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
He was sent up and promised he’d play, he didn’t play, made the trip to Vancouver, and got sent back down. There was another time where he was sent back down, called back up, played a game, and then got sent back down to play an AHL game, then got sent back up and was sat. Some stupid shit was going on over there. That’s a lot of moving around for a 19 year old kid who’s trying to establish himself and just wants to play. Nemec and Korchinski have been managed well compared to him.
did those things happen because the coaching staff is messing with a star player or because he gave them no choice?

hard for me to believe a team in cbj's position would be not playing jiricik regularly unless the player has issues.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
did those things happen because the coaching staff is messing with a star player or because he gave them no choice?

hard for me to believe a team in cbj's position would be not playing jiricik regularly unless the player has issues.
4th worst team in the nhl. Cleveland their A club is 2nd in their division. Maybe best to have had him develop in the A than on a bad nhl team. Fine to give him games near the end of the year to give him a glimpse of nhl speed.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
It doesn’t for sure, but he is still only 19. I’m not sure what his usage is like, but i went over to the Columbus boards and they’re frustrated with his usage? Really not sure what’s happening there.

Regardless I keep seeing the guardian suggest we trade for Jiricek as if Columbus hands him over on a silver platter.
yes, he's young and the young do, say and think stupid things, so he's not a write off by any means. Maybe under the right coach he blossoms. But he is crop dusting a "my shit don't stink vibe" all over the iron belt these days and I wouldn't be in any hurry to pay the freight on bringing that odor to the Metro Vancouver area.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

Jarmo went on record saying he didn’t want to rush him and gave cliche monologue about putting players in best possible chance to succeed.

Idk, but calling up a 19 year old to go with you on a road trip and then sending him down once you land is kind of stupid which happened in Edmonton (not Vancouver as I said earlier).

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Idk, but calling up a 19 year old to go with you on a road trip and then sending him down once you land is kind of stupid.
the mistake might have been calling a guy up who should not be there because he is a highly rated prospect and then having him demonstrate that he should not be there in such a way that you could not ignore it. now you are in a lose lose of keeping the guy up for the road trip but not dressing him to avoid publicity or doing what needs to be done and pissing him off even more.

shades of virtanen needing to get his stuff.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
4th worst team in the nhl. Cleveland their A club is 2nd in their division. Maybe best to have had him develop in the A than on a bad nhl team. Fine to give him games near the end of the year to give him a glimpse of nhl speed.
What the hell is going on in Columbus? It seems like all their good young players are on the parent club. Ceulemens has really stalled out. I’m liked that kid a couple years ago but you wonder about the development system and coaching there. They gave Jarmo too much rope, not even sure who the interim GM is. JD is watching over everyone’s shoulders. Hiring Babs was obviously a disaster. The team is a gong show.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
What the hell is going on in Columbus? It seems like all their good young players are on the parent club. Ceulemens has really stalled out. I’m liked that kid a couple years ago but you wonder about the development system and coaching there. They gave Jarmo too much rope, not even sure who the interim GM is. JD is watching over everyone’s shoulders. Hiring Babs was obviously a disaster. The team is a gong show.
No doubt. Jiricek should have been in the AHL all year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's the balance. You can "tank" when your future isn't on the roster. But, when they arrive, you have to give them something to work with. Detroit, didn't have the best draft luck and also finished too high in the standings thus ended up with Kasper/Danielsson the past 2 drafts vs something higher.

Anaheim, and I've had this conversation with someone on their board about trying to get better next season since they will have 7 skaters (Carlsson, McTavish, Zegras, Gauthier (expect him to sign), Zelleweger, LaCombe, Mintyukov) with Dostal in net to get to 8 kids that they probably hope can be a key part of their future. That is 40% of a 20 man starting lineup. Need to give them some help so that they are not a 60 point team again. 4 of the last 5 seasons they have been a bottom 5 team, with 3 of those in the bottom 3.

As for Columbus, they were toast when they hired Babs... Then last minute searched for a replacement for him and everything went downhill.

See who they hire as GM. Hopefully, but unlikely as each owner/management has a biased view of their roster, that they actually listen to all candidates and really assess where their club is at.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
response;

The Canucks haven't won anything, so you want to swap out established players for players that haven't won anything on a WIN NOW club like *checks notes* Columbus?

What?

Conceptually I think something like Hronek for Jiricek or Boeser for Marchenko is interesting as a window-extending move for the Canucks. But it's completely unrealistic and CBJ will never make those kinds of swaps.
I hate to say it but established what?
BB has never played on a winner, this entire team has not had a winning season in the player's careers. Established losers not counting this season and one season does make a career.

Rutherford knows the way forward is to change the status quo

Look at who LA moved for PLD
Joshua-Miller-Garland
Hoglander-Pettersson-Boeser Guentzel
Suter Mikheyev-Suter Bluegar-Podkolzin
Bains-Sasson-Aman
PDG

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-XXX
XXX-Juulsen
XXX/XXX
They can't dismantled the defence and make it smaller at the same time. They ARE the 5th best defence in the league their first year as a group.
Why would Columbus trade Jiricek?
Jarmo, Babs, DFL again, not even mentioned in the market for anything good all year, the other 15 AAA prospects? Capped out?
They have already committed cap space to defence, they need to have a BIG good news announcement for a really good player that has history they can sell.
You gotta admit it would be news worthy.
Most fans in that market don't even know who he is other than he whines, is a 1rst round pick and he has no NHL numbers the marketing department can sell the fans. Jiricek is old news there, they aren't looking for hope, in trading for Hronek they get hope, not looking for it.
I always forget that CBJ exists.
So have their fans
They gave Jarmo too much rope, not even sure who the interim GM is. JD is watching over everyone’s shoulders. Hiring Babs was obviously a disaster. The team is a gong show.
Hit the nail on the head.

There are a few teams where the fan base needs a shot in the arm.

Hronek gives any of those teams an instant boost
In Vancouver there is only one puck and Hughes owns it so it makes little sense to pay 7+ mil for a spectator of defensive guy.
UNLESS
The team thinks Hughes goes to NJD in 3 years.

There are a dew more reasons to trade for an experienced RHD that can step into the line up immediately they are;
Gaudreau, Laine, Jenner, Werenski, Severson, ....
That might even be enough that trading foe an established 30 goal scorer from a winning (this year) team can turn their crank.

Their entire history is mostly promises and failures

IMO Hronek AND Boeser would/could be a "win - win" for both teams

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Jarmo went on record saying he didn’t want to rush him and gave cliche monologue about putting players in best possible chance to succeed.

Idk, but calling up a 19 year old to go with you on a road trip and then sending him down once you land is kind of stupid which happened in Edmonton (not Vancouver as I said earlier).

The fact NHL.com made a big highlight of Jarmo wanting a "second chance" is laughable with decisions like this. The guy is a total hack that didn't accomplished much of anything in a decade. I'd be weary of letting him be in charge of a lemonade stand.

Reactions: LemonSauceD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad