Confirmed with Link: Canucks name Willie Desjardins as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
These things are so fluid - last night he was reported as Pittsburgh slam dunk coach. He hasn't had an person interview allegedly, so I'll celebrate when the ink to dries first.

Iridescent*

To think we missed out on the Crawford sweepstakes is a little disheartening, but I can live with this.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This better not be Aaron Ward 2.0 with Iggy to Boston confirmed. Has Weekes broke any news before?

If true, I'm pumped!

CanucksOo

Jul 29, 2006
California
That was quick. I wonder if this means that Willie was actually in Vancouver instead of Pittsburgh (like Dreger reported).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Offensive puck moving aggressive system.

Say it over and over again. Do it! :handclap::handclap:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
LOL **** you pittsburgh fans coming here and telling us how bad Bylsma is.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
If nothing else, I'm excited for a coach that wants to emphasize scoring goals. Also a fan of bringing in someone that is well liked and respected by his players.

As long as he doesn't interview like Dallas Eakins, I'm happy.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Inks not dry, Lucbourdon. You got all upset yesterday when it looked like Pens had him.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Let the glorious mustache era begin

Willie-Desjardins.jpg

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Yeah, the pen hasn't hit the paper yet. Kevin Weekes... best goalie of all time. Breaking news? Not so much.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Offensive puck moving aggressive system.

Say it over and over again. Do it! :handclap::handclap:

Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system.Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system. Offensive puck moving aggressive system.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Linden said this in the AM:

Vancouver Sun said:
We’ve had some great discussions with a lot of candidates. Willie is a guy who has been mentioned in this market frequently. He’s a guy who certainly has the ability to connect with players. He’s a guy who has had success at many levels so he’s certainly a guy we’re interested in talking to. We’ve had some discussions over the last couple of days and we’ll continue that through the weekend. We haven’t had a chance yet to really sit down with Willie because he just won the Calder Cup so, I mean, until you do that, it’s hard to know. He’s a guy we want to talk to, for sure, and that’s pretty well known.

Then hires the guy like an hour later? Linden is pretty good at BS'ing apparently. I guess maybe Pittsburgh offering Desjardins a job might have expedited the process, but still.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
If nothing else, I'm excited for a coach that wants to emphasize scoring goals. Also a fan of bringing in someone that is well liked and respected by his players.

As long as he doesn't interview like Dallas Eakins, I'm happy.

As long as he doesn't put out a bowl of fruit out for the media, not that that would be bad. :)

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Linden said this in the AM:

Then hires the guy like an hour later? Linden is pretty good at BS'ing apparently. I guess maybe Pittsburgh offering Desjardins a job might have expedited the process, but still.

If he lies his way to a Stanley cup, I wouldn't care.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Why should we be stoked for this over Bylsma for example? I just don't know enough about this guy to feel one way or another.

There was an AHL coach last year that was highly coveted, and our forum was drooling over him. Now look what Edmonton is dealing with. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad