Canucks moving to real-time dynamic ticket pricing

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Guys, we have to get everyone in BC to not buy tickets for a few games straight, then we can buy them for $1! Checkmate, Aquilini.

JK still wouldn't spend a dime to support this joke of a franchise right now

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Guys, we have to get everyone in BC to not buy tickets for a few games straight, then we can buy them for $1! Checkmate, Aquilini.

JK still wouldn't spend a dime to support this joke of a franchise right now

It's says it will never drop below season ticket holder price

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
How much ethanol is included in each seat pricing "grade"?

I feel as though this impacts the value per "grade" inversely to the way it applies to gasoline.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
This is the new age of pricing. Happens in many industries including food & beverage and golf. Nothing new here.

But of course, we will all get up in arms over some perceived slight against the fans or something.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
This is the new age of pricing. Happens in many industries including food & beverage and golf. Nothing new here.

But of course, we will all get up in arms over some perceived slight against the fans or something.

2782075-5348157470-10996.jpg

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Yep. The value of something is exactly equal to the price people are willing to pay for it. Simple as.

It makes me laugh when people whine about gas prices. Really? $1.30 for a liter of gasoline is a rip-off? Yet you pay $3.99 for a liter of ****ing water and don't think twice about it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yep. The value of something is exactly equal to the price people are willing to pay for it. Simple as.

It makes me laugh when people whine about gas prices. Really? $1.30 for a liter of gasoline is a rip-off? Yet you pay $3.99 for a liter of ****ing water and don't think twice about it.

The difference is gasoline isn't a luxery, and we will pay whatever the price is because we have to get from A to B. Water, I agree. A britta filter is like 10 bucks and lasts 6 months. Don't buy bottled water unless you have no other option. And never Nestle.

Gas is a rip-off when we pay significantly more than the rest of the continent.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Sure it is.

I don't drive, but it still costs me money to get around.

My father is totally blind in one eye and half blind in the other, so he can't drive anymore. He doesn't go out too often, but it still costs him not only bus fare to get to work, but cab fare when he has to be at work before the SkyTrain opens.

Whether you're paying for gas, or paying for cabs/public transportation, you have to pay to get around if you have too long of a commute to like bike or something. Gas isn't a luxury.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Sure it is.

I don't even disagree with your overall point (the market value of something = what people will pay) but this is not true.

A luxury item is something that is not a necessity, and gasoline (while we don't all pay for gas at the pump we are affected by fuel costs built into virtually everything else we do) is a fundamental part of the budget for a lot of people and not something they'd just abstain from purchasing if they had to tighten their belts a bit.

Over enough time, high enough fuel prices would cause people to change their habits but you could say that about anything (drive up food prices enough and people will buy less as they grow their own where possible), doesn't make it a luxury item on the scale of your $4 bottle of water or whatever else.

Last edited:

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Flames fan coming in peace! (it's a one time thing)

I'm going to be in Surrey for Soccer nationals, and luckily while I'm there the Canucks will be hosting the Flames. It's the Canucks home opener and I wasn't sure what the deal was on tickets as I've never been to the city before. I checked ticketmaster and couldn't find anything. If anybody could tell me around when they usually go on sale, about how much it would cost for some decent seats, and If they sell out instantly?
Thanks a bunch!!

P.s I wasn't really sure where to ask this but I seen a thread with tickets in the title so I thought it would be fitting, if it belongs in a different thread a mod can feel free to move it!

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I'd argue bottled water is a luxury, not fuel. We don't know how lucky we are to fill our 6L toilets of clean, world class water to just flush our crap away. We have fresh water at the flick of a wrist while 5,000+ kids in the Congo die A DAY from malnutrition. Water is infinitely more valuable than gas because you need it...you know...to live.

We only focus on fuel because we essentially can get water ANYWHERE in Canada for free, right at the tap, restaurant etc. we just feel ripped off from fuel because we KNOW we're being taken to the cleaners because there's a market value for oil, we know what we SHOULD be paying, not x3 as much.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
i actually like it, you can get crappy teams for cheaper price.. canucks did this so they can compete with site like stubhub...

timorousme

luongod
Apr 3, 2008
they spelled Anaheim wrong in the Regular+ category. :facepalm:

edit: oh, and in Premium too. Great job guys!

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Flames fan coming in peace! (it's a one time thing)

I'm going to be in Surrey for Soccer nationals, and luckily while I'm there the Canucks will be hosting the Flames. It's the Canucks home opener and I wasn't sure what the deal was on tickets as I've never been to the city before. I checked ticketmaster and couldn't find anything. If anybody could tell me around when they usually go on sale, about how much it would cost for some decent seats, and If they sell out instantly?
Thanks a bunch!!

P.s I wasn't really sure where to ask this but I seen a thread with tickets in the title so I thought it would be fitting, if it belongs in a different thread a mod can feel free to move it!

Canucks are always one of the last teams to sell tickets. So you won't find them up on ticketmaster yet. The home opener is always a premium game and so it will sell from the Canucks for a fair chunk. I doubt you can find a pair for less than $200 in upper bowl unless you wait until the very last minute (30 min before game time) and get lucky, but it's a gamble.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I'd argue bottled water is a luxury, not fuel. We don't know how lucky we are to fill our 6L toilets of clean, world class water to just flush our crap away. We have fresh water at the flick of a wrist while 5,000+ kids in the Congo die A DAY from malnutrition. Water is infinitely more valuable than gas because you need it...you know...to live.

We only focus on fuel because we essentially can get water ANYWHERE in Canada for free, right at the tap, restaurant etc. we just feel ripped off from fuel because we KNOW we're being taken to the cleaners because there's a market value for oil, we know what we SHOULD be paying, not x3 as much.

2012 - deaths of children under 5 in the Congo per year

You do realize 5,000 a day is 1.5 M per year. Its horrible either way, and drinking bottled water is really stupid, but your numbers are high.

Actually, just did a little math, and it seems the death rate of children is such that about 150,00 a year, whether malnutrition or other causes.

So the rate is 500 a day. Which is still horrible.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
2012 - deaths of children under 5 in the Congo per year

You do realize 5,000 a day is 1.5 M per year. Its horrible either way, and drinking bottled water is really stupid, but your numbers are high.

Actually, just did a little math, and it seems the death rate of children is such that about 150,00 a year, whether malnutrition or other causes.

So the rate is 500 a day. Which is still horrible.

Not the stats I've heard, but never less the point still stands. We literally flush our ***** away with the cleanest water in the world while kids die each year from water born diseases, and malnutrition. I'd call our water a luxury, not gas.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
so i guess leafs game will be starting at $200 nosebleed..

just look at the seahawks, they are having trouble selling out after this dynamic pricing... every game not sold out yet..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad