Canucks Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I can see why people hate the sutter trade but i blame wd not having a designated 2nd line plan cooking since june. Guy is a moron.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yes, but who hired Benning? And who hired the guy who hired Benning? And who continues to support this person financially? We are to blame.

:sarcasm:

Don't gotta lump me into that list. I refuse to spend a nickel on this team until Aquilini sells the franchise.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Gillis got fired for Torts causing these team to underperform spectacularly. Benning should take heat for his coach being bad as well. Not to mention his coach's bad decisions are overplaying the guys that Benning went out and overpaid for, so I'd be willing to bet they're on the same page.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Don't gotta lump me into that list. I refuse to spend a nickel on this team until Aquilini sells the franchise.

It's a shame. My father always told me about the Aquilini family. He talked about how the way they made their money was pretty scummy, but at least the kids weren't spoiled rotten when they were young. I thought Aqua was a good owner, he was willing to spend money on all types of things to improve the team. Doctors, new facilities, all that.

Then he thought he was a hockey mind and meddled. Then instead of admitting in and stepping back, he fired Gillis to save face. Shameful stuff.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
If i was a billionaire in his 40s iam afraid id run the team the way i want it too

#jerryjones*****es

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

When I say "we" I just mean this fanbase. I haven't spent a dime on this team since Benning was hired, and I don't plan on doing so until he's fired (along with the rest of the incompetence squad), replaced with somewhat competent people, and he stays the hell out of this team's on-ice decisions.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Gillis got fired for Torts causing these team to underperform spectacularly. Benning should take heat for his coach being bad as well. Not to mention his coach's bad decisions are overplaying the guys that Benning went out and overpaid for, so I'd be willing to bet they're on the same page.

Gillis got fired because 3 straight years of decline after a cup run is unacceptable. He couldn't keep the window open, unfortunately.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
When I say "we" I just mean this fanbase. I haven't spent a dime on this team since Benning was hired, and I don't plan on doing so until he's fired (along with the rest of the incompetence squad), replaced with somewhat competent people, and he stays the hell out of this team's on-ice decisions.

Jokes on you guys, I can't afford to support this team even if I wanted to.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
At least Jerry Jones has a number of Superbowl championships (granted they were a long time ago...)

Aquaman has....we're number 2! we're number 2!

Yes but aquaman didnt take over until 2013.

Prob something like.

Aquaman

Benning (aqua puppet)

Linden (aquabenn puppet)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
At least Jerry Jones has a number of Superbowl championships (granted they were a long time ago...)

Aquaman has....we're number 2! we're number 2!

I found his exchange of texts with Tom Brady to be pretty funny. "Hey, want to give a motivational speech to the team?" "You're busy? Don't worry about it, let's just have dinner instead BECAUSE MONEY"

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yes but aquaman didnt take over until 2013.

Prob something like.

Aquaman

Benning (aqua puppet)

Linden (aquabenn puppet)

Jerry Jones took over a Dallas team that clearly had seen their best days behind them (sound familiar? :sarcasm:). His mistake (and probably Al Davis with the Raiders) was that he thought he could do it all (owner/GM/etc.,).

But in the end, at least they can say they 'won it at least once'.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Gillis got fired because 3 straight years of decline after a cup run is unacceptable. He couldn't keep the window open, unfortunately.

Yup.

The decline was fast and glaring. Good regular season numbers in 2012 but in the last few months of that season even you could see trouble starting. From then on it was getting completely manhandled in the playoffs with ease. Not enough youth infused and too much loyalty and long term NTCs handed out to players who haven't won a playoff round since 2011.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
And who hired him? Who continues to keep him employed?

:facepalm:

Yeah, he's only managed to get this team to 8th in the NHL in goals for. I'm sure you expected much better than that from such an elite group of talented forwards and dmen.

This team is nearing the quarter pole and has showed up to play every night, without suffering a multi-goal defeat as of yet.

Willie Desjardins has been outstanding at getting the most out of his group since coming to Vancouver. But as usual, the entitled fanbase demands more! Even though many view this roster as one of the worst in hockey.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I don't think that will be anytime soon, now that he has his rental apartments attached to the arena.

It's a shame. My father always told me about the Aquilini family. He talked about how the way they made their money was pretty scummy, but at least the kids weren't spoiled rotten when they were young. I thought Aqua was a good owner, he was willing to spend money on all types of things to improve the team. Doctors, new facilities, all that.

Then he thought he was a hockey mind and meddled. Then instead of admitting in and stepping back, he fired Gillis to save face. Shameful stuff.
I too have heard the same of the whole family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad