Canucks Managerial Thread | 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continued...

Well at least you admit the Oilers clear target was talbot. The rest is sheer speculation about what Edmonton might have offered for lack had they wanted him.

EDM's most publicized target was Talbot. But as you see with the Willis article, Lack was in clear consideration as an alternative. To that end, his eventual trade value was seen as 'cheap', and something the Oilers could clearly afford.

You are incorrectly dismissing _all_ Lack to EDM information as supposition because that deal was not executed. The Talbot to EDM deal was executed instead. This is a mistake. The information at the time regarding _all_ possibilities is pertinent to the discussion.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
With today's NHL you have to take salary into consideration, Hodgson was quickly on a terrible contract that no one wanted.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am legit worried benning is going to be a buyer at the deadline. I just know it.

Or even worse, he keeps vrbata and hamhuis, and they both walk at the end of the year with 0 assets.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I am legit worried benning is going to be a buyer at the deadline. I just know it.

Or even worse, he keeps vrbata and hamhuis, and they both walk at the end of the year with 0 assets.

No thats silly, benning has brought in baerschi, pedan, and markstrom(kept over eddie). Kinda foolish to not give him a little credit for the bright spots on the team.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Continued...

EDM's most publicized target was Talbot. But as you see with the Willis article, Lack was in clear consideration as an alternative. To that end, his eventual trade value was seen as 'cheap', and something the Oilers could clearly afford.

You are incorrectly dismissing _all_ Lack to EDM information as supposition because that deal was not executed. The Talbot to EDM deal was executed instead. This is a mistake. The information at the time regarding _all_ possibilities is pertinent to the discussion.
Consider it all you want, it's clear as day the Oilers management group didn't seriously consider Lack.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Could've kept both since Jethro himself stated that he could've traded Miller at the trade deadline last year.

Why would we trade miller we arnt contending and dont need cap

and hes why markstrom has bounced back from florida, melanson and miller = perfect coach tandem

thanks benning, knows more than we can even fathom. Why else would so many individuals insult him when his moves are all turning to gold, they cant comprehend the genuis behind the moves.

dorsett being overpaid to make the young guys play confident
Miller the key to markstrom, a vet goalie mentor
pedan and baer

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

and hes why markstrom has bounced back from florida, melanson and miller = perfect coach tandem

thanks benning, knows more than we can even fathom. Why else would so many individuals insult him when his moves are all turning to gold, they cant comprehend the genuis behind the moves.

pedan and baer

Yeah Benning knew Miller would get himself hurt to give the required minutes for Markstrom to develop.;)

Hiring of Willie was gold too wasn't it?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

pedan and baer

WTF did I just read:laugh:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah Benning knew Miller would get himself hurt to give the required minutes for Markstrom to develop.;)

Hiring of Willie was gold too wasn't it?

Willie is a tank admiral while two things happen

1. Benning scouts his inheritted team
2. Travis green becomes a pro coach

2.5 willie pats every player on the back and says real good

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

pedan and baer

Mismanaging the cap is a stupid move by any GM, rebuilding or not. Miller is also not a coach.

Dorsett hasn't given the kids confidence. Don't you remember the report from last month where McCann stated he's losing sleep over his scoring slump? Clearly our overpaid 4th liners aren't doing their jobs. :facepalm:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Mismanaging the cap is a stupid move by any GM, rebuilding or not. Miller is also not a coach.

Dorsett hasn't given the kids confidence. Don't you remember the report from last month where McCann stated he's losing sleep over his scoring slump? Clearly our overpaid 4th liners aren't doing their jobs. :facepalm:

Bwa haha 4th liners are supposed to replace Gillis sleep doctors??

Absurd

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver

Why do people think he will be a buyer? He wasn't a buyer last year and we were a better team then.

I'm only worried about letting Hamhuis and Vrbata walk for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad