Canucks Managerial Discussion | Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Hamhuis is not gonna be resigned, the only way I see him being resigned is if another dman is traded either edler or Sbisa

Right so why would Hamhuis entertain leaving 3 months early than he has to?

Not that I understand why we wouldnt resign him.

Whos gonna play defense for us?

Maybe some magic potatoes.

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015
Agreed, and that's why Edler needs to be traded at the draft.

He's the only marketable asset we have back there - otherwise too much is being spent on the LH side.

If we can trade Edler and get a 1st and prospect then they should pull that trigger.

It would 'somewhat' salvage this situation.

I would be all over Werenski or Sanheim. Not too concerned with secondary pieces as long as we can acquire a top prospect Dman. They fit the age we should actually be focusing our time on and it'll help the transition to youth by opening a spot for a rotation of various young players.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Agreed, and that's why Edler needs to be traded at the draft.

He's the only marketable asset we have back there - otherwise too much is being spent on the LH side.

If we can trade Edler and get a 1st and prospect then they should pull that trigger.

It would 'somewhat' salvage this situation.

Honestly not sure what is the point of selling Edler.

We are going to tank with or without him. Even a tanking team needs a defender that can play. I think shipping off Hansen might be a better way to get that 1st rounder back.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Honestly not sure what is the point of selling Edler.

We are going to tank with or without him. Even a tanking team needs a defender that can play. I think shipping off Hansen might be a better way to get that 1st rounder back.

The point is we'll get 2 or 3 quality assets for him. By the time we're ready to compete he'll be too old anyway.

It's really quite simple. If he's willing to waive he needs to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad