Eklund Rumor: Canucks making play for Paul Byron

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Wow you Habs fans are crazy. Have you heard of the size of his balls? He is the balls sensei.

His foundational leadership abilities are unmatched. He will make sure the Habs have the BALLS to compete in this league. No soft, skilled players. Just good old Sutter GRIT.

How can you say no?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I guess he'd much rather stay with Vancouver. He loves playing golf...can't get enough of it.:)

No, I think he just wants a team that has a shot at a cup and is competently run, if he was to waive.

Jokes, he said he loves the city and wants to play here win or lose.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
MTL would be smart to sell high on him. Other teams should be mindful he may be another Dale Weise

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
MTL would be smart to sell high on him. Other teams should be mindful he may be another Dale Weise

Why? Even if he gets half the goals next season, which is probably likely, he's still amazing value for $1m a year. I wouldn't give him up at all.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Lol and the Canucks main board had a thread about "Do We Overrate our prospects more than other teams" well I think this one closes the case on Vancouver being 3rd if not 4th worst Canadian team's fans who do. Montreal clearly is number 1. Holy.
That Shaw deal for Edler is gross! I'd rather just take what you paid for Shaw rather than Shaw. More middle of the pack does nothing great players. Exactly what Vancouver needs.

Also to the Edler likes to golf comment, haven't the Habs missed the playoffs more than Vancouver in the entirety of Alex Edler's career in the NHL? I guess floundering in the first round with the self proclaimed best goaltender in the world is a much better place to be.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Couldn't agree more

But Sutter isn't the answer in terms of what we need. We have Plekanec and Danault who can do his job

We need a top centerman, and no we won't acquire him by trading Byron

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The reason byron will likely not be traded is because he is worth more to the habs than most other teams.
- $/goal is very high even if regressed 30% next year
- good penalty killer
-from a french town in Ontario

So teams wanting to contend need byron-esk players why would the habs trade him unless another need is met, something vancouver can't really do especially for byron.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
How much of Byron's production comes down to the opportunities he got in Montreal?

Doesn't matter how much of it comes down to anything. At 1 million/year, he could produce at his standard career pace (~0.3-0.4 points/game) and be a steal. What he did last year was pure gravy for a player who's an extremely useful bottom 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad