Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
d86DLns.png

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Ho Hum. Another game against Montreal, another 4+ goals pummelled in.

Has Benning been given his walking papers yet?

Reactions: lawrence

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I guess I'm thinking if they had speed they could make up for the bad timing on their dump-ins but the way they do it they're never going to put enough pressure on the guys going back for it.

If they were all burners or at least had Motte's speed it would help. Every team does some dump and chase, the ones who are good at it tend to be good possession teams. Montreal was doing it quite a bit as well in this series but a bit better. The other way to beat the tight gap is either one on one dangles or close support quick passing but those are a lot more risky and can make a team look even worse when not executed.

Anyway, much better game, it's a shame it's taking them this long to adjust. Coaches are at least equally responsible in my eyes.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can't believe we are like three weeks into the season and it is already gut check time.

We need the boys of summer back.

GO CANUCKS!!!!!!!
Less than 4 months to summer now RR!!!!!!

Man I love this team :yo:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Can we fire benning and green yet

And miller seems like a pld type of personality when things dont go right

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
As I said in the last thread - it was a vastly superior effort. That, at least, makes me happy. They looked like they gave a shit tonight. Obviously wish they had won, but that’s a step in the right direction.

4th goal was a backbreaker. Kinda reminds me of the Kane backhander in game 6 of the 2009 playoffs.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
yeah and he also thought Deangelo was a top 5 dman in the NHL.
I made posts about him being one of the most underrated WAY before he was even producing, then he went on to be the 4th leading scoring dman in the NHL (5 years younger than anyone ahead of him) a year later. ;)

But anyway did Miller do something dumb in todays game? :laugh:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
People that think QH43 is gonna win the Norris are bananas. He was a -10 last year and already a -7 this year. He’s on pace to finish the season -35.

Makar will get the same or a few less points but can actually play defense.... that’s an important part of being a defensman.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
4th goal was a backbreaker. Kinda reminds me of the Kane backhander in game 6 of the 2009 playoffs.

Yeah, i feel that way too. It's a backhander that may have deflected off of or been hidden by Benn's stick, but I still don't think Toffoli should have been allowed to skate in like that. Either push him off the puck or take his stick properly while taking him to the corner.

Reactions: LordBacon

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
JT Miller was given a lot of credit last year as a leader on this young team. He showed it with his play and he showed it with his aggressive attitude. If he was pissed off with the off-season management decisions, so be it. He is entitled to his feelings.

But if this is the cause of his piss poor play so far this season, then he deserves a major boot in the ass. This is exactly the time that a "leader" is supposed to show up and set a good example for the younger guys. If he's playing with an injury, then he gets some slack. If it's just a pissed off "attitude" problem, then maybe he should take a seat for a game or two and get his head back on straight. He's paid to be a pro.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
listening the the post game on 1040..

it's sooo frustrating how passive aggressive they are with Benning.. they just wont say he is terrible even though they know it.

and that, THAT is a HUGE problem cause it is keeping the casual fan from realizing what the real problem is.. and once they do, thin skinned ownership will listen to the them and make the change our beloved franchise so desperately needs/deserves..

thus, THE MEDIA NOT CALLING BENNING OUT IS THE REASON WE ARE IN THIS MESS.

/rant.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
People that think QH43 is gonna win the Norris are bananas. He was a -10 last year and already a -7 this year. He’s on pace to finish the season -35.

Makar will get the same or a few less points but can actually play defense.... that’s an important part of being a defensman.

Jeff Petry is gonna win the norris. Been the best D in the NHL this year pretty easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad