Rumor: Canucks looking to deal Garrison? (TB, MTL?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Figured this could use its own thread. Per Bob McKenzie and Farhan Lalji:

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie·10 mins
Legit chance VAN deals defenceman Jason Garrison although he has full NTC. It's believed he would reluctantly waive depending on location.
Expand

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie·8 mins
Hearing TB and MTL as potential landing spots for Garrison. TB was interested in Garrison when he was UFA and chose VAN.
Expand Reply

Farhan Lalji‏@FarhanLaljiTSN·5 mins
Very real possibility of Garrison to Tampa and Kesler to Anahiem happen today. #canucks
Expand

Wonder what they'd be looking for in return, and if that could possibly be swung around to assist in their bid for the 1st overall.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Better be a good return and not just a dump. He's a good player despite some struggles this past season. In a league where Andrew MacDonald somehow got $5m, Garrison should have lots of value.

ultra7k

Jul 14, 2009
Shaping up to be one of the most interesting days in Canucks history if everything goes down.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Even though is BMack, I don't believe this.

Garrison is a friend of a friend and wants to live here, being from Whiterock. Unless something happened since I saw him last year; he has zero intention of moving.

Maybe some girl broke his heart.. who knows, but I'll believe this when I see it.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Garrison is a friend of a friend and wants to live here, being from Whiterock. Unless something happened since I saw him last year; he has zero intention of moving.

Maybe some girl broke his heart.. who knows, but I'll believe this when I see it.

The rumour is that Benning wants him moved, not that Garrison wants out.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

McKenzie even says, he would "reluctantly" waive his NTC. I'm sure Garrison wants to be here, but if management is saying they want to move him...well, would you want to stick with an employer that doesn't want you?

I like Garrison, both as a player and a person. I hope the return for him is good.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
First everyone rags on him every game and says how useless he is, now that he is being traded they say they always loved him and want to see him stay. :help:

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

I don't believe he'd waive. I mean, it's hard to not say "maybe" when someone is expressing they don't want you, but from direct talk with him last year, he only wanted to play here, it's a dream come true for him, couldn't be any happier.

If Benning did some Jedi ****, alright, but otherwise, last time I checked; he wants to play here.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Well HW last night said there was another 2 Canucks besides Kesler that were asked to waive No Trades yesterday: 1 was considering it and 1 was upset about it and was refusing but the Canucks were pushing for a waive.

Speculation here was Burrows / Garrison.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
First everyone rags on him every game and says how useless he is, now that he is being traded they say they always loved him and want to see him stay. :help:

I said before the season that I thought he'd hit 20 goals, 45 points.

so I have to stick with garrison even though he **** the bed the second half of the season.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't believe he'd waive. I mean, it's hard to not say "maybe" when someone is expressing they don't want you, but from direct talk with him last year, he only wanted to play here, it's a dream come true for him, couldn't be any happier.

If Benning did some Jedi ****, alright, but otherwise, last time I checked; he wants to play here.

I think it just really sucks to be somewhere where you're clearly not wanted. Sometimes it's just easier to move somewhere like Tampa, an up-and-coming team, where you're actually wanted.

I don't think he's married or his kids either, right? That probably makes it a bit less of an issue for him compared to players with young kids.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Better be a good return and not just a dump. He's a good player despite some struggles this past season. In a league where Andrew MacDonald somehow got $5m, Garrison should have lots of value.

Better comparison would be the defenseman the Oilers just signed - Nikitin (a guy who was a healthy scratch a number of times last season) got $4.5 million (just 100K more than Garrison).

Edler is still evidently holding the "immunity idol".:sarcasm:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
he was okay last year. pairing alongside ha,huis for awhile as a shutdown pair. guess 1 dman has got to go making 4.5 million. need that extra capspace to sign ufas or trade for a scorer

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I would definitely be fine with moving him but only if the return is good. He didnt have a good year last year but he's not some cap dump either. So hopefully they get good value for him.

Feel bad for him too.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Hmm... would be nice to walk away from this draft with three first round picks.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

def won't get full value for him

I guess him moving precludes the 1oa trade? no way they gut our d before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad