Speculation: Canucks interested in D Tyler Myers

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Edler is enough of a gamble for me and I'm an Edler fan.

**** no to Myers.

Just incredibly short-sighted to feel that way in my opinion.

Franchise defensemen are a rarity in this league, and Myers still has the potential to become one.

Garrison, etc., etc. never have and never will have that upside.

Toadvine

Master of karate and friendship
Jan 18, 2006
Rand McNally

Franchise defensemen are a rarity in this league, and Myers still has the potential to become one.

I disagree. Franchise Dmen don't put up the absolute putrid years that Myers has racked up the previous 3-4 years. There's a chance that Myers can be salvaged into a good dman but the cost it would take to acquire him as well as the contract burden he carries is a big risk. In the even he cannot be salvaged it would be a large burden on the team for years to come.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I'd bet against the 2% chance of that happening and go with the 98% chance he continues on as the coach-killing, team-killing, goal-bleeding liability he's been for most of the last 4 years.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
I'd bet against the 2% chance of that happening and go with the 98% chance he continues on as the coach-killing, team-killing, goal-bleeding liability he's been for most of the last 4 years.

sorry, though you were talking about edler there again for a sec :sarcasm:

but yeah i agree...this is pretty dangerous wishful thinking

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Myers is a freak of nature who has great mobility for a guy his size. The upside is there and he's never played outside of Buffalo which has been a bubble team during his tenure. He's also a right handed shot. You can see why he's a tempting project.

krag

Feb 13, 2013
As far as nightmare scenarios for me, trading away Garrison to go after Myers was so far out there that I wasn't even close to fearing it could happen.

Tyler Myers has looked decidedly mediocre in Buffalo for years and looked decidedly mediocre playing for Canada at the world cup.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
If we get a good fair deal then I'm fine with Myers.

He's what, 23? That's still incredibly young. He struggled on Buffalo but that team is struggling as a whole.

I think Hamhuis - Myers pairing would be really strong. An RHD with the potential upside of franchise D-man is definitely a huge pick up if we land it for a decent price.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I think Hamhuis could really turn Myers around, like what he's done with Tanev, depending on the cost I'm down for landing Myers.. I can't see Myers returning a big package given his contract and play but if we can land him at a reasonable cost than we should try.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
If Tanev is asking at around the 3.5m to 4.5m range, then ship him off to Buffalo..

a package of Tanev + Hansen + Prospect for Myers.

Hamhuis - Myers
Bieksa - Edler
Weber - Sbisa

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If Tanev is asking at around the 3.5m to 4.5m range, then ship him off to Buffalo..

a package of Tanev + Hansen + Prospect for Myers.

Hamhuis - Myers
Bieksa - Edler
Weber - Sbisa

Tanev is worth 3.5-4 million, re up him. Also, as of now Tanev is better than Myers

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think Hamhuis could really turn Myers around, like what he's done with Tanev, depending on the cost I'm down for landing Myers.. I can't see Myers returning a big package given his contract and play but if we can land him at a reasonable cost than we should try.

Trade market prices remained extremely high through #NHL draft. # Sabres ask for Tyler Myers was 3 pièces including a 1st round pick.

From Kypreos

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Sabres asking too much, no one will give that... Canucks sure as hell aren't moving there first.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Trade market prices remained extremely high through #NHL draft. # Sabres ask for Tyler Myers was 3 pièces including a 1st round pick.

From Kypreos

Definitely a no. Could see the Canucks getting another high draft pick next season, don't want to give that away.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Tanev is better than Myers at this point in time. In terms of potential it's not even close, but considering how valuable Tanev is to this team, he's not worth losing just to gamble on Myers, who could be a trainwreck or great.
Hamhuis didn't turn Tanev around, Tanev was great stepping into play with Keith Ballard for crying out loud.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Tanev is better than Myers at this point in time. In terms of potential it's not even close, but considering how valuable Tanev is to this team, he's not worth losing just to gamble on Myers, who could be a trainwreck or great.
Hamhuis didn't turn Tanev around, Tanev was great stepping into play with Keith Ballard for crying out loud.

Hamhuis was working with Tanev a lot this season and it helped him take that big jump he made this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad