Rumor: Canucks in talk with Dave bolland

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm worried Lindenning is trying too hard to turn this team into a contender and grasping at straws. Old straws we don't really need.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I always thought he was a pretty good player, but that term/money would make him the most overpaid player on the Canucks and a buyout would probably be needed down the road.

Would love to have him as our 2nd/3rd line center, but not at that price.

And Santorelli may have played better last season, but overall Bolland is a better player. After all, he's not a journeyman.

I noticed this with Leaf fans last year and found it odd and now again I am confused

Why do people continue to believe Dave Bolland can be a 2nd line C? He failed in Chicago with a variety of talent as his linemates (Sharp , Kane , Hossa) when given chance to be #2C

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I noticed this with Leaf fans last year and found it odd and now again I am confused

Why do people continue to believe Dave Bolland can be a 2nd line C? He failed in Chicago with a variety of talent as his linemates (Sharp , Kane , Hossa) when given chance to be #2C

I'm pretty sure the general consensus around here agrees with you.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Agreed. Bowman isn't stupid. He saw Bolland wasn't worth the cash and wasn't ever going to be a top 2 C so he shipped him out of Chicago.

Bolland on a reasonable contract as a 3C I can get behind. Anything more and it's a bad investment.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I have never wanted the Canucks to lose out on a sweepstake more than the Bolland sweepstakes. Even if he wasn't asking for ridiculous money and term I don't want that rat anywhere near the team. Might as well give Marchand's agent a call while we are at it.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Everybody gets so worked up about this sort of thing. Canucks need a center and are inquiring about centers. Bolland makes sense in a certain roll and at a certain price point.

Wait until things shake out before reacting. I kept my cool when the Penguins almost signed my preferred coaching candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce