Rumor: Canucks in talk with Dave bolland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
According to Mckenzie, Bolland's camp asked Toronto for a 7-8 year deal worth a shade under 5M.

Don't want bolland at that term and price. Thankfully Bolland won't talk with the Canucks until they deal with the Kesler situation

https://twitter.com/news1130sports/status/481826353248235521

@News1130Sports: Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA Dave Bolland. General talks have taken place.

@News1130Sports: The Bolland camp won't do anything with Vancouver until they resolve the Ryan Kesler situation.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
That term and price is crazy. We have the space now, but in 4 years, what is our cap structure going to look like? Not interested if that is going to be what it takes.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Gross! Hopefully just trolling the Leafs to jack up his price.

Are there even any trailer parks in Vancouver? Where would he live?

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
The guy cannot stay healthy and we already have 3rd and 4th line centers in the organization. He is not close to being a useful player for us...but I really could see MacT overpaying to get the leadership and character in the Oiler dressing room.

John Bender*

Always thought Bolland was underrated. He'd be a good addition, but term has to be about half what he wants.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Bolland will always have a place in the Hawks heart, and is just clutch in the playoffs. But they tried him on a line with Kane and he didn't get it done. He is just a very good 3rd line shut down type center. He has had several injuries, and has had his back operated on. So I just don't think he is worth what he wants.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Bolland will always have a place in the Hawks heart, and is just clutch in the playoffs. But they tried him on a line with Kane and he didn't get it done. He is just a very good 3rd line shut down type center. He has had several injuries, and has had his back operated on. So I just don't think he is worth what he wants.

A second line of Higgins/Bolland/Hansen makes too much sense :sarcasm:

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I can understand people being upset with Bolland because he was the bane of the Sedins life for the 2 years Chicago knocked us out in a row.

But the guy would be great to have. Gotta spend that cap money somehow.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Given that Bob McKenzie Tweeted this last night...

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie·4 hrs
David Bolland's initial ask of TOR was 7 or 8 yr deal worth shade under $5M per year. If TOR counters it will be for shorter term/lower AAV.
Expand

I would have to offer the helliest of hell no's.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I can understand people being upset with Bolland because he was the bane of the Sedins life for the 2 years Chicago knocked us out in a row.

But the guy would be great to have. Gotta spend that cap money somehow.
Statistics say otherwise. Bolland sucks. Canucks should leave overpaying Bolland because he has rings to a stupid team. Like, say.. Edmonton. Again.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
....the Leafs who are *weaker* down the middle than us; don't look to be re-signing him (coming from the same GM that gave Clarkson that retirement contract)....why should we be interested in such a player?

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
In Bolland's defense, he has been on the ice for like 41% of his team's goals at 5v5 in the last little while. That's pretty good right? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce