Rumor: Canucks front runners for Cole McWard (RHD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes, but not a 24 or 25 year.
True... Seems like Scott Young is having an impact on the organization in getting NCAA guys to sign. Did a great job with WBS Penguins in getting them NCAA free agents. Pens have been moving picks out over the years with Sid and their ability to get guys to sign and develop in their farm club has enabled them to be a playoff team.

Now comes how well Colliton and the staff in the A develop these kids.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
True... Seems like Scott Young is having an impact on the organization in getting NCAA guys to sign. Did a great job with WBS Penguins in getting them NCAA free agents. Pens have been moving picks out over the years with Sid and their ability to get guys to sign and develop in their farm club has enabled them to be a playoff team.

Now comes how well Colliton and the staff in the A develop these kids.

Early returns for Colliton look good. So fingers crossed.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
On paper this seems like a very good target. As a sidenote I'm always surprised at how many players seem to come out of Missouri.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
On paper this seems like a very good target. As a sidenote I'm always surprised at how many players seem to come out of Missouri.
Impact of MacInnis, Weight, Tkachuck, and co from that era has built it up. See it with Dallas. Growing the game at the grass roots level, if not on a national level.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
He has an AI-generated name and he looks a lot like Tommy Wiseau.
TheRoomMovie.jpg
3_McWard-Cole-3-1024x819.jpg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He'd be an interesting signing. Younger than Sasson as he doesn't turn 22 until June.

Considering that the entirety of the Canucks right side depth for next season is Hronek, Myers, Bear, Juulsen, Johansson, & Woo, I can see the appeal of adding someone else.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Another lotto ticket hopefully some of these kids pan out. We need as much luck as possible on our backend sooner or later we have to find a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad