Canucks Free Agent Frenzy 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Due to rumors coming in abound, we're going to keep all free agency and rumor talks here. If someone is close to signing, we may split that discussion off to a separate thread. If you have anything from twitter and etc, post in the thread and we'll add it to the OP.

Elliotte Friedman regarding 1st overall said:
“One team that has definitely made an offer? Vancouver. I believe it included their first pick in this draft (which is sixth overall) and Hunter Shinkaruk, who was taken 24th in 2013. There was at least one other piece, probably off the main roster, but I can’t pin it down. It’s not Ryan Kesler, who won’t go there.”

Bolland rumors said:
@News1130Sports: Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA Dave Bolland. General talks have taken place.

@News1130Sports: The Bolland camp won't do anything with Vancouver until they resolve the Ryan Kesler situation.

News 1130 said:
#Canucks have called 2 big names UFA's today - Dave Bolland and Ryan Miller.

Sources tell me, Miller would have no issues playing in Vancouver.

The #Canucks also playing phone tag with Jonas Hiller's agent - but he also represents Deryk Engelland and Joe Vitale.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Sorry guys. We were trying to merge all the rumor/twitter stuff into this one thread but doing so lists it all by post order, hence why Stig's post was buried. So just continue from here. I'll add in rumor quotes and etc in a sec.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Everybody gets so worked up about who is talking to who. Wait until things shake out before reacting (with extreme emotion). I kept my cool when the Penguins almost signed my preferred coaching candidate.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I would be hella surprised if we got a top 6 forward out of this crop. Slim pickens and a lot of teams fishing.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
@y2kcanucks, since the last thread got locked

the guy(LACK) may not be mentally strong enough to have 50000 people turn on him for no fault of his own. ****ing ******** fan base.

He lost a few games and then had no time to work out any kinks or go over anything. Those Dallas and NYI games should never happen but those are the times when you need to take a rest and have a chance to go over what is happening. he wasn't given it.

-fanbase turned on him
-mentor traded
-basically told there is no one behind him. the team has lost 11 of 12 now make the playoffs.

Luongo lost 7 of 8 heading into the Olympics while only winning a 5-4 shooutout. that is all on the team though.

If we are going back to January, Lack played damn well considering the competition.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
To comment on the actual rumors. I have no interest in Bolland at either that price or term. Never mind injury considers, we can sign Santorelli at half that price, who proved to be a better alternative anyway. Likewise, I would only go after a goalie if we have cap to spare for whatever reason. If I'm Benning, I'm throwing money at Cammalleri and Hemsky.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
To comment on the actual rumors. I have no interest in Bolland at either that price or term. Never mind injury considers, we can sign Santorelli at half that price, who proved to be a better alternative anyway. Likewise, I would only go after a goalie if we have cap to spare for whatever reason. If I'm Benning, I'm throwing money at Cammalleri and Hemsky.

No thanks to Hemsky but Cammalleri is interesting.

MikeGillisslashAVfan*

not a fan of bolland

would take miller at the right term

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't know who said that we should rather just go after Reimer, but I strongly agree with that.

He doesn't have the pedigree Miller/Hiller has, and therefore will get a lower salary in FA but I think the relative price between them and him compared to their respective talent is a no-brainer for us to go after him.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Ryan Miller turns 34 in two weeks, I saw Luc suggest a 4 year 6mill per contract..... no, just no.

I would be fine with miller if its around 4/5mill/3/2 years and only to ease Lacks workload, Lack should still be considered our guy moving forward, Miller could just make that transition easier.

I do not think Miller would accept my offer but I don't care, I've never been over the moon about the guy anyways.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
With season's ticket sales stalling, how much pressure does this put on Linden/Benning to grab the first overall and market around Reinhart?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ryan Miller turns 34 in two weeks, I saw Luc suggest a 4 year 6mill per contract..... no, just no.

I would be fine with miller if its around 4/5mill/3/2 years and only to ease Lacks workload, Lack should still be considered our guy moving forward, Miller could just make that transition easier.

I do not think Miller would accept my offer but I don't care, I've never been over the moon about the guy anyways.

Maybe if we offered to give him the captaincy......

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Well in all fairness, he said he wouldn't offer more than that. I feel the same way.

Of course I also wouldn't offer more than 2 years at 4m. :naughty:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
From the Tanev + 6th vs 1st thread.

I agree with Y2Canuck, that we have to give in order to get, and that it's ok to make that deal if you're getting the best player in the deal. It's also a good idea to open a spot up on the 3rd with adding Hansen, if it really boiled down to it. We need spots for guys on the rise to play on, and playing on the top 6 may not be the best place to develop them in their first years in the NHL. I'm thinking of Jensen for one. Kid needs to start on the 3rd and play minutes, before he evolves into hopefully a top 2 line player. It was done with Kes and the Twins, and that recipe is good for the other kids as the youth movement continues. 6th + Tanev + Shink + Hansen? That'll smart, but at the end of the day, getting Ekblad or Reinhart in return is something that I would support, if push came to shove to get the 1OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad