Canucks - Flames: In season playoff series (best of 4)

Predict the outcome of this series

• Flames with 0 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flames with 1 win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
This is a pretty remarkable moment and a must win series as well. Not only do we have some fun back-to-back matchups across the league but a 4 game series, against rival... wild! I say its a must win considering how the season is short and we are battling for the last spots in the playoffs. If we beat Canucks in 3 or 4 games, that is huge and puts a serious nail in their coffin, plus gives us momentum against the division.

So what do you guys think. Who comes out on top? Some fun storylines will develop here in the coming week.

Im not too optimistic but I am liking our momentum vs theirs. I say we split the series.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Canucks have 4 more games played, and will complete their 20th game by the end of this 4 game set. At 6-10 already, imagine the giant fork sticking out of them if we swept?

Whoever and whatever they are, I think we see their best in the next 4. I bet we still win 3. GFG!

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
In a perfect world, we win all four. Maybe Rittich picks up one of those victories too.

Realistically, I don't know what we're looking at in the Canucks. Are they really this bad? If so, then efforts like we had against the Jets last night will serve us well in picking up the most amount of points possible. But those Canucks players aren't just going to roll over, I think they're going to put up quite a fight.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
If the Canucks play how they did Games 1 and 2 against the Leafs, losing any of the games is a crime. If they play how they did against the Leafs in game 3? Then 2-2 seems much more realistic

Reactions: Grantham

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Canucks are a wounded animal right now. Could be a dangerous team. They're pretty much fighting for their season in this series.

They're also terrible. Just play solid and we should get 3 out of 4.

Reactions: Boomstick

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Hate to say it but we are not much better, losing to the Canucks put us in desperation mode ourselves
Us not being much better despite having a point up in the Canucks in 1 less games played is a bold take if I've ever seen one. Even if we lose all 4 games to the Canucks we will still have had more points through 16 games played. The Canucks have looked straight up bad so far

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My biggest worry is that the Nucks start playing the way I thought they were capable of going into this season. They have too much talent to continue losing.
And then you have that Flames playing 30-40 minutes a game thing which is a strong possibility.

Reactions: BudRobinson53

Khrox

May 31, 2018
My biggest worry is that the Nucks start playing the way I thought they were capable of going into this season. They have too much talent to continue losing.
And then you have that Flames playing 30-40 minutes a game thing which is a strong possibility.
The Canucks are absolutely talented. The problem is, they lost their top 2 PK'ers in Markstrom and Tanev. Hughes has looked a little lost out there without Tanev as his partner as well. Eventually Demko is going to get it going (or Holtby will, who knows), but the reality is, Markstrom was definitely a big part in them having as good a record as they did last year (as we're seeing first-hand this year). I say 3 wins should absolutely doable, and anything short of 6 points (even if it's a 2-0-2 record) is kind of unacceptable given that we're pushing in an "all-in" kind of season, and the Canucks seem to be floundering a bit.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Us not being much better despite having a point up in the Canucks in 1 less games played is a bold take if I've ever seen one. Even if we lose all 4 games to the Canucks we will still have had more points through 16 games played. The Canucks have looked straight up bad so far

Lol, who cares about the Canucks. They are dead. We are barely hanging on to a playoff spot by percentage.

Losing 4 straight to the Canucks doesn't put us in desperation mode and put them back in contention?

I always thought you drink too much kool aid but not this much lol

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Hate to say it but we are not much better, losing to the Canucks put us in desperation mode ourselves

In my opinion, we are in the top 4 teams of the North Division, because of our respective goaltending.

Montreal and WPG are there with us and while I will never understand the Freddy Andersen hype of him being anything above average, Toronto firepower will back him for the coming years in the W-L column.

Edmonton hasn't had a goalie in years - hence their struggles
Ottawa thought they were getting a goalie - who seems to be mediocre now
Vancouver lost their goalie and their defacto replacement (who looked great in the playoffs) plus the subsequent guy brought in to push him have both been bad.

If we end 4th and play Toronto first, so be it. I'm no more afraid of them than say a team like Montreal.

Best thing to do is to win tonight, really putting Vancouver under pressure for the following games, don't give them any hope with a sub-par performance tonight.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm kinda worried about these games, to be honest. This is a group that has struggled to get up for games they should clearly win, in the past and that simply won't be good enough this year. Anything less than 6 points is substandard.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I really dont see a scenario where one team sweeps here. Neither team is that bad. I think both team will rise to the occasion knowing what is at stake here. Given that I picked a 2-2 tie. I could see one side taking the first 2 games and then the other side gets uber desperate while the other team gets too comfortable. I think both teams are pretty even in their struggles. Flames have a little momentum at the moment but neither team has looked amazing just yet.

My series MVP prediction will be Tkachuk. I think he rises to the battle and pick up the torch on this team.
I could also see Demko at the series MVP. Gets it together and put together a nice run.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Lol, who cares about the Canucks. They are dead. We are barely hanging on to a playoff spot by percentage.

Losing 4 straight to the Canucks doesn't put us in desperation mode and put them back in contention?

I always thought you drink too much kool aid but not this much lol
Losing 4 straight would no doubt put us into desperation mode, I'm just saying I think you underrate how dead they are by being 6th in the division with 4 less games than another struggling team that's ahead of them in points. Idk how 4-0 would impact the Canucks since the Oilers and Jets will be playing hockey and could be widening the gap. Flames getting nothing would be bad and terrible, but like, Nucks have been so bad even getting 4 wins might not be enough to get them feeling confident and 'contending'

Reactions: DFF

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
The Canucks have like 6 or 7 players on their entire roster that scare me. There are two ways the Canucks can beat us:
1. Demko gets hot and steals a couple (I don’t think Holtby has this ability anymore).
2. The Flames beat themselves by playing down to the Canucks level.

Theres no question in my mind the Flames are a far superior team. Leivo is on our 4th line and has been healthy scratched and would be almost a top 6 F in VAN.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If we want to finish top 2, eventually we're going to have go on a big run - like 6 or 7 in a row unbeaten in regulation. Can't think of a better place to start than now

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Most Canucks fans want to lose at this point to try and get Benning fired, I doubt they will care looking back on it.
I checked their boards, a bunch of them are actively cheering for the flames to win. There's a couple saying "until this season over, I'm cheering for the Flames"

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Winning big in this series could be rubbed in the faces of Canucks fans for years. Valuable motivation.
I can only handle one face rubbing team per year. I'm not good at multi tasking. Besides, I actually like the city of Vancouver and enjoy the drive there.... unlike the other place.
Nope... sorry. Can't do it. If the Canucks get swept I will show the appropriate amount of sympathy.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I can only handle one face rubbing team per year. I'm not good at multi tasking. Besides, I actually like the city of Vancouver and enjoy the drive there.... unlike the other place.
Nope... sorry. Can't do it. If the Canucks get swept I will show the appropriate amount of sympathy.

When it comes to Oilers and Canucks, I can multitask. Equal opportunity of hate towards them! :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad