Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Flames - Canucks win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
EK3kFib.jpg

if you're wondering, i jointly count the san jose split-squad games as game #1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Spots up for grabs... still scratching my head on how our line-up is going to look come season opening night. So many forwards but so little space.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Might as well play all the "hopefuls" instead of the vets. Should let those fighting for positions fight it out now and play the roster vs the Oilers as "tune-up" for the real thing.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Might as well play all the "hopefuls" instead of the vets. Should let those fighting for positions fight it out now and play the roster vs the Oilers as "tune-up" for the real thing.

I think the vets need the work. The top line will probably have a new guy and be working with a new pairing on defense. The second line hasn't played together before. Is there time to burn off a game looking at the kids? I'd play Miller every minute, too.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I'm really excited to see what they throw on the ice tonight. Last game was some entertaining hockey. I'm hoping for another great game from the rookies.

arsmaster*

The cancer talk went straight over my head but the colours are nice.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Really hoping we can extinguish any optimism flames fans may or may not be feeling right now and not add to it

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
If Torts was still coach...the opening of this game would be:

Bob Hartley.................as Luthor
Torts..........................as Swan

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I think the vets need the work. The top line will probably have a new guy and be working with a new pairing on defense. The second line hasn't played together before. Is there time to burn off a game looking at the kids? I'd play Miller every minute, too.

There is still a handful of games left, but generally I agree with you. Seeing how we did a re-tool and not a complete re-build means the brass still have their eyes on the playoffs. Playing in the division we do, we're going to have to have the vets ready to go from game one if thats even going to be a remote possibility.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Sam Bennett likely draws in... Gaudreau and Baertschi should be in... Bob Hartley... In Calgary vs. Vancouver... Can probably expect the rest of the Flames' line-up to be goons.

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
As someone who is dealing with cancer on a daily basis, I find your opening really in bad taste. It's sad how you make light of such a serious disease. Maybe you should delete this GDT and start over.?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
As someone who is dealing with cancer on a daily basis, I find your opening really in bad taste. It's sad how you make light of such a serious disease. Maybe you should delete this GDT and start over.?

I don't quite understand the joke either but if I had to hazard a guess, it's referring to how 'cancerous' Kesler and Tors were?

I don't know. Either way, in reading it, what you said crossed my mind. I personally haven't dealt with cancer but I can only imagine the damage and stress that is involved. Using it for humour in this manner isn't exactly comforting.

I appreciate the effort, but I think this GDT is a swing and a miss, Zombo.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Flames lineup. They're icing a solid team for the hometown crowd:

Flames defence/goal vs Canucks: Giordano, Wideman, Brodie, Diaz, Yonkman, Cundari, Culkin, Kanzig, Hiller, Thiessen.

Ben Kuzma‏@benkuzma·15 mins
Flames forwards vs Canucks: Bouma, Stajan, Jones, Setoguchi, Monahan, Bolig, Baertschi, Arnold, Agostino, Bennett, Hathaway, Ferland.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Prediction

sedin sedin vrbata
shinkaruk horvat kassian
burross bonino higgins
matthias richardson gaunce

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
I am receiving cancer treatments daily and I have no problem with this GDT. Kes was a cancer to the team. He was a malcontent.
What I want more than anything is to be rid of cancer. So do the Canucks.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I am receiving cancer treatments daily and I have no problem with this GDT. Kes was a cancer to the team. He was a malcontent.
What I want more than anything is to be rid of cancer. So do the Canucks.

Cheers for being a beacon of humanity.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

I think it is in reference to kesler being a locker room cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad