Proposal: Canucks-Flames-Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wow lucky us for getting to sponsor a division rival's playoff run in exchange for some crap that the Canucks are probably getting rid of at a tenth of that price anyway

Reactions: Double Dion

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He had 5g 7points in 6 games before being thrown to the ice hitting his head so hard he had a seizure. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Sam Gagner had 8 points in one NHL game. 7 points in 6 AHL games isn't that impressive for a 22/year old

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sam Gagner had 8 points in one NHL game. 7 points in 6 AHL games isn't that impressive for a 22/year old
Especially when you see the 10 even strength points he has in the AHL this year. A number of Canuck fans think he's going to be a 60 point player. I remember when their fans here thought Shinkaruk would be a PPG player in the league too.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Podkolzin has been looking great, and definitely back on track. He'll be a regular next year. Silly to be limiting his potential to bottom 6, when he has everything necessary to be a top 6 complementary player: motor, size, grit, and skill. No way I'd move him for old broken Tanev, or declining Lindholm.

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
Especially when you see the 10 even strength points he has in the AHL this year. A number of Canuck fans think he's going to be a 60 point player. I remember when their fans here thought Shinkaruk would be a PPG player in the league too.
I would never say he’s going to be top line winger. If he can turn into a player like Joshua I would be stoked, my point was he’s not washed like dorkus said.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I would never say he’s going to be top line winger. If he can turn into a player like Joshua I would be stoked, my point was he’s not washed like dorkus said.
I mean he could become a solid 3rd liner. He has the jam for it and enough skill to score 10 to 15 goals. I just think the 60 point player comment is pretty dumb. He hasn't done that in the AHL.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Podkolzin and Raty need to make an impression in the NHL before they carry trade value. Today, they both probably carry value around a 3rd round pick (each) If traded for futures.

this offer is a 2024 1st and 3 3rd rounders for Lindholm and Tanev.

Kuzmenko and Friedman are moved with no value as cap casualties to free up dollar in dollar out cap considerations.

flames get one low 1st and a bunch of lite value assets.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
That's a lot of quantity coming our way. Canucks enter legit top contender status with this trade. Think names like EP (D version), Brustewicz, Wallinder, Lekkermaki. One of the latter 2 or the first 2. Then add a 1st and 2nd. Now we're close.
Podz and Willander are no go for me gonna be a lot people looking dumb with their takes on Podz.
As for your evaluation I think you know that's to much.

I'm not really interested in Tanev for more than a 2nd and Lindholm isn't getting anywhere close to that.
He will get a 1st and a good prospect or a 2nd and possibly a top prospect .
Horvat got a 1st and a good prospect and we took back 4 million in cap. I like Lindholm but multiple prospects including the WJC MVP and the leading scorer in the OHL as a dman and a 1st, I just don't see it.
What team out of the avs, bruins, leafs could even send that value? Your literally takng away all the teams we would be competing against.
I think as usual there will be the "that's it?
A 1st, brew and a 3rd for Lindholm is my guess but honestly If it ends up Lekkerimakki I'm ok with that
Now Tanev you are out to lunch.
Zadorov got a 3rd and a 5th.
So with a straight face your saying Tanev is so much better he gets a 2nd and and two dmen that have top 4 upside?

I guess we wait and see

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I hope Podkolzin can make it in the NHL but realistically, at the time of writing, he isn't even on page 1 of the top point scorers in the AHL on Elite Prospects

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
He had 5g 7points in 6 games before being thrown to the ice hitting his head so hard he had a seizure. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Using a 6 game sample as your go-to argument might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on here lol. And I don’t even hate Podkolzin and think he could be an okay middle-6 NHL winger. Probably has the value of a 3rd/4th.

Calgary would need a much better prospect on top of a 1st if we’re moving both Lindy and Tanev together tho. Especially with retention. Lindy gets 1st+ good prospect, Tanev likely 2nd+4th or conditional 1st with retention.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Podz and Willander are no go for me gonna be a lot people looking dumb with their takes on Podz.
As for your evaluation I think you know that's to much.

I'm not really interested in Tanev for more than a 2nd and Lindholm isn't getting anywhere close to that.
He will get a 1st and a good prospect or a 2nd and possibly a top prospect .
Horvat got a 1st and a good prospect and we took back 4 million in cap. I like Lindholm but multiple prospects including the WJC MVP and the leading scorer in the OHL as a dman and a 1st, I just don't see it.
What team out of the avs, bruins, leafs could even send that value? Your literally takng away all the teams we would be competing against.
I think as usual there will be the "that's it?
A 1st, brew and a 3rd for Lindholm is my guess but honestly If it ends up Lekkerimakki I'm ok with that
Now Tanev you are out to lunch.
Zadorov got a 3rd and a 5th.
So with a straight face your saying Tanev is so much better he gets a 2nd and and two dmen that have top 4 upside?

I guess we wait and see
The Lindholm proposal I'd do, do you value Podkolzin higher than Lekkerimaki or Brusztewicz? Maybe that's our disconnect. For me it goes Walliner, Lekkerimaki, Brusztewicz and then Podkolzin in terms of value. I'd actually value EP (D version) more too.

Tanev according to Friedman and Seravalli has like 12 teams wanting him. I think the minimum price you're looking at is a 2nd and 3rd. Possibly a 1st. I think he likely ends up going for a pair of 2nd round value assets. I also don't think Vancouver really needs him right now. I think last year you really needed a player like Tanev. This year? More of a luxury than a need. Edmonton, Toronto, NJD. Those teams really need Tanev.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
:nucks:
  1. Tanev (50% retained by Flames)
  2. Lindholm (@ 25% of cap hit via double retention from flames and hawks)
:flames:
  1. Canucks 2024 First Rounder
  2. Poldkolzin
  3. Friedman
  4. Räty
  5. Senators 2024 3rd round pick (via Hawks)
  • Flames retain 50% of Lindholm
  • Flames retain 50% of Tanev
:hawks:
  1. Kuzmenko
  2. Canucks 2024 4th round pick
  3. Chicago 2024 5th round pick (Via Flames)
  • Chicago retains 50% of Lindholm

I think all three could be good dance partners here
Conroy got to pull the trigger for Friedman. A difference maker.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I would love to see Elliotte Friedman suit up for the Flames but he probably wouldn't want to leave his Sportsnet gig.

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
Using a 6 game sample as your go-to argument might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on here lol. And I don’t even hate Podkolzin and think he could be an okay middle-6 NHL winger. Probably has the value of a 3rd/4th.

Calgary would need a much better prospect on top of a 1st if we’re moving both Lindy and Tanev together tho. Especially with retention. Lindy gets 1st+ good prospect, Tanev likely 2nd+4th or conditional 1st with retention.
The argument was he is not progressing, I am saying he was until some scum bag KO’d him and he had a seizure. Hoglander spend a year in the AHL and is now on pace for 20+ goals. That’s all I am saying. Twist it around however you want, some ppl on here applying the same logic as my BPD ex ffs.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I mean he might score 60 points at some point in the AHL. It's possible. If you're talking NHL that seems crazy. He's on pace for about 58 points in the AHL in his draft +4 season. You'd be talking a 3rd line ceiling and an AHL floor, not a 60 point player.
Was talking about AHL yes. He’s projecting as a solid checking line power forward winger that can chip in offensively in the NHL.

Podkolzin will be 23 in a few months, this guy was a top 10 pick not some middle of the pack draft hit. He should be dominating, and every player has got streaks of 2 games… Adam Sykora had a stretch basically exactly the same and he’s more than 3 years younger than him? Is he now an elite prospect? Youngest player in the AHL btw.

Raty is 25th in AHL scoring… among U22 players. Good 2 way game, yeah good 2 way game back home in Finland in a year or two. Insane how guys like get way overvalued over youngsters in the Czech league and such prior to the draft but again nhl scouts don’t know much really

Lighting up the AHL. I guess we have different views on what lighting up the AHL means? By the way how do you see a guy like Kulich as a prospect. If Podkolzin is lighting up the AHL then Kulich’s reputation basically means he’s in line to be better than Peterson.
Being top ten means nothing following the draft. Development is not Linear I don’t know how you can’t see that by now!

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Was talking about AHL yes. He’s projecting as a solid checking line power forward winger that can chip in offensively in the NHL.

Being top ten means nothing following the draft. Development is not Linear I don’t know how you can’t see that by now!
Are you sure you're a Canucks fan? You don't seem delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Hawks would be better off just grabbing Kuzmenko for a 3rd.
This allows them to retain on Muprhy and/or Donato at the TDL since they used up one slot on McCabe.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:nucks:
  1. Tanev (50% retained by Flames)
  2. Lindholm (@ 25% of cap hit via double retention from flames and hawks)
:flames:
  1. Canucks 2024 First Rounder
  2. Poldkolzin
  3. Friedman
  4. Räty
  5. Senators 2024 3rd round pick (via Hawks)
  • Flames retain 50% of Lindholm
  • Flames retain 50% of Tanev
:hawks:
  1. Kuzmenko
  2. Canucks 2024 4th round pick
  3. Chicago 2024 5th round pick (Via Flames)
  • Chicago retains 50% of Lindholm

I think all three could be good dance partners here

This seems to favor the Canucks and is a bit of a rip off for the Flames. This coming from an Oilers fan.

Reactions: Double Dion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca