Canucks fans and the Bandwagon - will it ever change?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Few people in BC play hockey as children, this is why there's so many non die hards at least in the lower mainland, as you get outer points of the valley you'll find the real fans( people who never lose interest)

If your from N W van Richmond Downtown Burnaby Surrey Delta or even Coquitlam, you'll be in bandwagon central with the obvious die hards when you can find them

Past Ridge Abby Langley and the rest of BC your in canucksville

and of course those of them that have relocated to this multi cultural mecca to see the team they love

But no I never thought that game was out of reach, nice try

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Family season ticket holder 45 years. A fan the whole time. Constantly complain about the "sky is falling" crowd. Often complain about the "for sell" signs on bandwagon seats.

And there's always the:

Going to Vancouver for the Stanley Cup finals! Its going to be a RIOT!

I don't see how the sky is falling crowd can be so easily labelled bandwagonners, but they are pretty funny. I remember everyone freaking out in 2010-11 and 2011-12 for the slow starts into the season...when they had happened in 2008-09 and 2009-10 as well. They just didn't learn. They'd like to monger their pessimism, go for it. But don't tell me you didn't groan when LA scored that first one and thought 'here we go'. Everyone with a cogent memory or understanding of what the Kings are did.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Will it ever change? Thats a big fat no. Just look at how popular the Seahawks are.

Is it possible to become a fan without being a band wagoner first?

btdvox

Jul 5, 2013
Vancouver
I think there will be less bandwagoners...once we win the cup..

I'm surprised you guys are defending as much as you are. I'm a fan, been a season ticket holder for awhile, but I still get pissed off that we have 0 cups when other teams in the US have numerous and are less than half the Canucks age, if not younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad