Confirmed with Link: Canucks Extend D Guillaume Brisebois (2-Year Deal - 2-Way 1st Year, 1-Way 2nd Year, $775K AAV)

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
his qo is 1.75m. unless he'll sign at like 1.1m (so he's buryable) he's not back

Hence why I specifically said they won't qualify him.

Do you see a team that will take a chance on him above that? I think the team likes him, and if he is available for a better contract they would.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Hence why I specifically said they won't qualify him.

Do you see a team that will take a chance on him above that? I think the team likes him, and if he is available for a better contract they would.

some team will sign him to a reasonable deal. he's very definitely an nhl defender if he gets healthy. he might even still have a tiny chance at having top 4 upside. anaheim or arizona or chicago would have nothing to lose by signing him to 1.5-2m per

Reactions: calnuck

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Congrats to our longest current tenured defenseman.
Never thought of it that way but yeah.

Also, I don't see why we wouldn't keep Rathbone around. D depth from the top to bottom of your organization is important. At the very worst, he's a good guy to have for the farm team.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
To bad for this guy.
Might have really helped, but his injury has cost him, this year, and likely next.
He will have to take a bury able contract for 1 season, and prove his health.
Otherwise he is not worth the risk.
He's not really "buryable". He has to clear waivers.

However it is nice to see him get a payday. I assume he has been on some sort of 2 way contract the last few years, he finally gets to see NHL money that he can put in the bank for his retirement. Guaranteed $1M over the next 2 years. Won't be able to buy a house in Vancouver, but still pretty nice.

Reactions: Gurn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad