Confirmed with Link: Canucks draft D Hugo Gabrielsson, (6th Round, 169th Overall)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm not so sure about this pick. He's not big and doesn't fit into the mould of Dmen we have been picking (smooth skating Dmen who can transition the puck well). The scouting reports I have read of him so far suggest he is inconsistent in many aspects of his game. He's not considered a good defender (passive even) or have a high hockey IQ. Seems like average tools with questionable toolbox to me. Completely different impression than the one I had of Persson when we picked him.

Huge steal. Had him in my top 5

Can you tell us a bit more about him?

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Can you tell us a bit more about him?[/QUOTE]

Backhands the puck like Crosby. Has the hockey IQ and playmaking of Wayne Gretzky, skating not that great think of like Jake Virtanen. Played defence against men in Sweden and was more productive than Lidstrom was at his age. Surprised he drop so low :huh:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Side note but he was apparently Evidssons partner. I think the Canucks were targeting Evidsson and had a scout camped out there to watch every game

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Had him in my top 85, I noticed him when scouting Edvinsson. Has good upside, really good pick for where canucks got him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Can you tell us a bit more about him?

Backhands the puck like Crosby. Has the hockey IQ and playmaking of Wayne Gretzky, skating not that great think of like Jake Virtanen. Played defence against men in Sweden and was more productive than Lidstrom was at his age. Surprised he drop so low :huh:

Wow. Crosby’s back hand, Gretzy’s hockey IQ and playmaking, and more productive than Lidstrom? How is his forehand and how does he defend?

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Had him in my top 85, I noticed him when scouting Edvinsson. Has good upside, really good pick for where canucks got him.
He is smaller but scored at a much higher rate than Evidsson with many more PIM's as well. I have never seen him play but he must have been on the pp ahead of the 6th overall pick. That is something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad