Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

9FqbdNA.gif

Wj0RYhC.jpg

HrgWP8w.jpg

DEVILS (32-13-4) vs. CANUCKS (20-26-3)

Head-to-Head

The Devils and Canucks meet for the second and final time this season. In the previous contest in Vancouver, the Devils scored a 5-2 victory with goals from Nico Hischier, Michael McLeod, Dawson Mercer, Yegor Sharangovich and Jack Hughes. The only two goals for the Canucks came from the recently traded Bo Horvat.

Devils Team Scope
The Devils entered their bye week and All-Star break on an 8-1-1 run. They currently sit in the second seed in the Metro Division with 68 points at 32-13-4 on the year. They trail division-leading Carolina by eight points (76), though New Jersey has played two less games.

All-Star Jack Hughes leads the team in goals (33) and points (64). He entered the break with a career-high (tied) eight-game point streak (7g-8a). Defenseman Dougie Hamilton extended his point streak to four games (3g-5a). Hamilton's 46 points are the most by a Devils' defenseman since 2012-13 (Damon Severson). Goaltender Vitek Vanecek has a career-high nine-game winning streak.

Canucks Team Scope
It's been a season of change for Vancouver. Most recently, the club traded star forward Bo Horvat to the New York Islanders in exchange for forwards Anthony Beauvillier and Aatu Raty and a protected 2023 first-round draft pick. This came a week after the team relieved head coach Bruce Boudreau of his duties and hired Rick Tocchet.

The Canucks are in sixth place in the Pacific Division, and four spots out of Wild Card contention (14 points behind Colorado).

Elias Pettersson leads the team in scoring with 58 points (21g-37a). Pettersson's 21 goals are tied for the team lead with Andrei Kuzmenko. Quinn Hughes, older brother of Devils' Jack, paces the club with 40 helpers.

By the Numbers
Hughes has 33 goals at 49 games played this season. The Devils' all-time single-season record is 48 from Brian Gionta in 2005-06. But Gionta only had 28 goals at the 49-game mark.

Pettersson has 24 points (8g-16a) in his last 18 games.

Injury Updates

Devils

Jonathan Bernier (hip, LTIR)

Canucks
Demko (lower-body, IR)
Lockwood (concussion, IR)
Poolman (undisclosed, IR)
Pearson (hand, LTIR)
Mikheyev (torn ACL)
Ferland (head, LTIR)

tabi0w0.png

W8DB4BL.png

pb8NQdv.gif

70TTgU6.png

uidWw7L.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Do we have any know if Marino is actually playing? I recall the picture from yesterday of the regular practice jersey but was there confirmation he's in tonight? He will likely have to shake off rust to round into form so I don't expect great play from him immediately.

Reactions: mdj12784

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f*** General Dick Tankcchet

One of the most punchable faces I've seen behind a bench. And I didn't mind him on TV, but he looks like the biggest asshole and he was a dick head of a player. I used to badly want someone to clean his clock all the time.

And the libido that NHL front office people have in the NHL to hire this scab as a head coach is just sickening and one of the biggest WTF concepts ever.

Rumor has it that the real reason John Chayka has been blacklisted from the NHL is because his one and only head coaching hire was none of other Rick Tocchet. Which is kind of weird, since the NHL likes Tocchet and the GM's that hire him.

I would like nothing more than to kick his stupid, big, giant f***in shiny hiney head tonight all the way back to Vancouver or Phoenix or or Palm Beach or Pittsburgh or Tampa or South Jersey or wherever the f*** he has a place. Maybe wherever he was locked up at in 2006. Because the guy is such a nomad because he doesn't keep jobs for long, but he always has some dumb f*** offering him one somewhere.

The latest one being a loser reject that's the biggest SHAM of a GM to have won 3 cups, and he was an even bigger LOSER SHIT GOALIE from 40-50 years ago than he is a shit GM/front office/translator/whatever the f*** title he has now. Look up his f***in goalie stats. A -96.3 GSAA and lost over 75 more games than he won.

And the stupid shit bag LOSER owner (and possible child abusing shit bag) that hired both of these clowns.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
f*** General Dick Tankcchet

One of the most punchable faces I've seen behind a bench. And I didn't mind him on TV, but he looks like the biggest asshole and he was a dick head of a player. I used to badly want someone to clean his clock all the time.

And the libido that NHL front office people have in the NHL to hire this scab as a head coach is just sickening and one of the biggest WTF concepts ever.

Rumor has it that the real reason John Chayka has been blacklisted from the NHL is because his one and only head coaching hire was none of other Rick Tocchet. Which is kind of weird, since the NHL likes Tocchet and the GM's that hire him.

I would like nothing more than to kick his stupid, big, giant f***in shiny hiney head tonight all the way back to Vancouver or Phoenix or or Palm Beach or Pittsburgh or Tampa or South Jersey or wherever the f*** he has a place. Maybe wherever he was locked up at in 2006. Because the guy is such a nomad because he doesn't keep jobs for long, but he always has some dumb f*** offering him one somewhere.

The latest one being a loser reject that's the biggest SHAM of a GM to have won 3 cups, and he was an even bigger LOSER SHIT GOALIE from 40-50 years ago than he is a shit GM/front office/translator/whatever the f*** title he has now. Look up his f***in goalie stats. A -96.3 GSAA and lost over 75 more games than he won.

And the stupid shit bag LOSER owner (and possible child abusing shit bag) that hired both of these clowns.
You need to stop holding back and tell us how you really feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad