GDT: Canucks Development Camp

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
There's very little star quality, obviously, but I'm still very curious to read the reports on a bunch of those prospects, especially (but not only) those playing on the back end.

It'll be fun to get the reports on Dmitri Zlodeyev, for instance.

Last edited:

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
What's the scouting report on Chad Nychuk? 71 pts in 64 games for a dman is not bad right?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I have no idea how high the Canucks might be on Zlodeyev.....but wouldn't it make some sense to keep him here after Development Camp? He's listed as a 20-year old with a February birthdate.....so probably aged out of junior.

But signing him and sending him to Abbotsford or even the ECHL would be better than sending him back to Russia, where he'll put in another lost year between the KHL and the VHL. But then I guess every contract slot is important right now.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I have no idea how high the Canucks might be on Zlodeyev.....but wouldn't it make some sense to keep him here after Development Camp? He's listed as a 20-year old with a February birthdate.....so probably aged out of junior.

But signing him and sending him to Abbotsford or even the ECHL would be better than sending him back to Russia, where he'll put in another lost year between the KHL and the VHL. But then I guess every contract slot is important right now.
Capfriendly has him signed in Russia. So, I expect he'll go back

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I wonder if Brochu is auditioning for the 5th goalie job on the Canucks depth chart?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
21 year old who showed little previous. Sounds like Dane Fox but on defense. I know noting about him.
I don't think Fox played an overage season. He had a productive junior career, just IIRC couldn't skate at all.

Edit: I guess Fox did play an OA season, but he was still a productive player prior to that.

Last edited:

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
I don't think Fox played an overage season. He had a productive junior career, just IIRC couldn't skate at all.
Perhaps. All I know is he played 5 OHL seasons. Scoring more goals in his final season than he had his previous 4 years combined. I agree his skating was terrible. But to say he had a productive junior career is a bit of a stretch. 140ish points in about 180 games before exploding for over 100 in his 5th and final year. Pretty sure that was his 20 to 21 age year.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Perhaps. All I know is he played 5 OHL seasons. Scoring more goals in his final season than he had his previous 4 years combined. I agree his skating was terrible. But to say he had a productive junior career is a bit of a stretch. 140ish points in about 180 games before exploding for over 100 in his 5th and final year. Pretty sure that was his 20 to 21 age year.

Yeah, I was wrong. He did play an overage season. He also had some kind of undisclosed behavioural (possibly legal) issue in junior if I remember correctly, or was that someone else?

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Feels like this prospect group is similar to the lean Gillis years when we didn’t have first round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad