Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Ducks | 3-2 (OT) | Miller(2) & Kuzmenko

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
You want to see a team that's a legit contender for Bedard look no further than Anaheim. Teams like them Columbus, the Sharks, Chicago were always only real contenders. Canucks stumbled around for awhile with terrible goaltending and a tough schedule, but they were never truly in the race. In the end, teams find their level and the Canucks, in a way tragically are in the mushy middle.

Good

Miller - more and more looking like the 8 million guy who signed last summer. That was a world class shot. Seldom players beat the goalie heads up anymore but that's the type of shot you need to do it.

Hughes - maybe made a mistake on the first goal but overall controlled so much of the play. Looking clearly the best d-man this team has ever had. Points alone show that.

Wolanin - play coming out of his zone was excellent. His passing is near Hughes level. On the tape to the open man all the time. Also decent in his own end. Becoming apparent he should have been up here a long time ago. Also becoming apparent that the Canucks should have re-signed him a long time ago. Now you'll have other teams interested. Ducks GM must have seen something tonite. You wonder how difficult it might be getting him back

Bad

Boeser - if he can't be traded please buy him out. Boeser is no good.

Dreis - rather they looked at someone up from Abby. With expansion some of these Dries -like players will end up sticking around far too long.

Others

Podkolzin - almost seems overly focused. Play suggest he is putting a lot pressure on himself., Wasn't bad but needs to play with more composure

Kravtsov - showing he can get around the ice well. Has got speed. At times got in on the offense with some chances. Right now it's hard to assess him until he gets someone to play with other than an anchor like Dries. Did have the one shift with Pettersson but even there looking like he was finding his way rather than playing freely.

Pettersson - mostly quiet but still a player of consequence in this game. Maybe expecting too much but thought both him and his line mates were mediocre at many times in this game. However, him and Kuzmenko are game breakers and were again in this one. Maybe you end up expecting too much.

Demko - really not forced into many high end saves. Looked solid again however. Thought other goalie was good as well.

Have to say the game was kind you might nod off in. Rarely see a team just content to get the puck out as Anaheim.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
like when you call that the canucks are going to make the playoffs next year, it's not that much of a risky bet.

ducks, sharks, blackhawks, coyotes, blues, predators are teams that i feel pretty confident we will be better than with average management. that alone gets you 10th in the conference.

i don't really think highly of the stars or jets either.

we hate the OEL contract as its essentially a 7MM cap penalty, but the Wild are 37-21 with the same penalty from the OEL/Suter buyouts and they've been competitive in the west for years. i think they'll have some outs on the other contracts this summer.

a matchup 3c and two second pair D and they'll be pretty good.

i think the avs will rebound next year. they'll probably address their roster issues this summer. i think they half punted on this year.

if we played in the east and made the hronek trade, i'd probably be even more frustrated than the flyers fanbase is. but our conference sucks. i wouldn't have made the trade but playoffs are an open door in the west
I honestly think it is going to be a very interesting betting line when it comes out (given that the general media seems to have no idea why this season has derailed), but the expectations should definitely be higher for this team (and more specifically management) next season. We need to find our way into one of the 3 divisional slots.

i won an 8:1 payout betting on the jacksonville jaguars winning their division you need to trust me ;)

Reactions: Indiana

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
my brother you are just waffling

Bruh, I'm just trying to have a hockey discussion on a hockey message board.

Said dude has "so much evidence" he doesn't even want to post any. It's like... don't engage if you don't got any substance.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Immoral victory
Hey man we ran our undersized #1 Dman into the ground playing him 25 minutes even with a face injury and won against one of the worst teams in the league that’s as moral a victory as there is. important ! Builds character!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hey man we ran our undersized #1 Dman into the ground playing him 25 minutes even with a face injury and won against one of the worst teams in the league that’s as moral a victory as there is. important ! Builds character!
He wants to play those big minutes..He wants to be on the ice as much as possible.

There's no rented mule narrative to be had.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Correct. And we wouldn’t want it any other way
I absolutely want it another way given the time of the season.

Not even from a tank perspective. I just don’t agree with playing your top guys this much in the regular season. The team’s position just exacerbates this.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I absolutely want it another way given the time of the season.

Not even from a tank perspective. I just don’t agree with playing your top guys this much in the regular season. The team’s position just exacerbates this.
This guy has an A on his jersey. He can’t be half assing his way to end the season.

We are a young team, defenders like Keith and Doughty were logging huge minutes during their earlier years when their teams were bad

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This guy has an A on his jersey. He can’t be half assing his way to end the season.

We are a young team, defenders like Keith and Doughty were logging huge minutes during their earlier years when their teams were bad
Agreed..If Hughes wants to play a lot ..big deal.

Reactions: Indiana

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I thought the coach was brought in to install good habits..So what are you suggesting.?

It's really obvious who hasn't played any sort of sports in their lives and who just plays NHL 23.

Coach is trying to instill good habits, build a culture based on meritocracy, and create structure. If doing this helps our team prepare for next year, and we lose 1-2% of lottery odds, I'm okay with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad