Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 6-5 (OT) (Joshua x2, Hoglander, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Pettersson)

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Don’t mind me just dropping this meme here
1670428423565.jpeg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
A win today and the Canucks don't put themselves in a playoff spot. That will be all the local media will talk about, though. Unless Calgary or Colorado pick up a point then the conversation will be about how the Canucks are on the cusp. Ignoring that that every team above them, except the Oilers, has at least one game in-hand. Avalanche & Predators = 3 games, Flames = 1 game.

It'll be two whole days of this since there's a two day break between games.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
This is one of those games where they will inevitably find a way to lose in horrible fashion. Every time there is something even remotely at stake (i.e. get to .500 :laugh:) the team seems to wilt. Would love to see EP take it one step further and just put the team on his back and will them to victory here.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
need a nice clean win, their record in the past 10 games is 7-3 which is pretty damn good. Martin needs to dial in and not play with panic or over aggressiveness in his game.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This team is damn near impossible to predict, so I wont bother....

Canucks are going to have to show up as the Sharks undoubtably will...They took the Canucks to OT last game at the Shark tank.

Martin is a bit of a concern, as he looked absolutely abysmal last game.

Reactions: Kreator

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Joshua in over Dries seems solid. Studnicka has had a few impressive offensive forays in the last few games - giving him a chance with some skilled linemates is interesting.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Brock Boeser has looked way better the last few games..Moving his feet, and having a lot more battle in his game.

When he's engaged, he's a good player..strong on the puck..and a natural goal scorer.

He's been anonymous for most of this season though.

Reactions: Grantham

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Stillman with an awesome last game with a +3 and 2A. Move him up with Hughes! :help:

(free Burroughs)

It was actually early in that game, while he and Myers were having one of their absolutely disastrous shifts, that I thought "this is exactly the type of game where Stillman is going to get a goal."

It was two assists instead, but nonetheless. What a weird night.

Stillman and Myers as a defensive pair is just an all out assault on the senses.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Joshua in over Dries seems solid. Studnicka has had a few impressive offensive forays in the last few games - giving him a chance with some skilled linemates is interesting.

I would have liked to see a bit more of a flash from Dries playing with decent linemates, though 6 points in 15 games isn't awful or anything. Interested to see Studnicka in the middle.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
It was actually early in that game, while he and Myers were having one of their absolutely disastrous shifts, that I thought "this is exactly the type of game where Stillman is going to get a goal."

It was two assists instead, but nonetheless. What a weird night.

Stillman and Myers as a defensive pair is just an all out assault on the senses.
Reminds me of the Sbisa-Bieksa "match up" pair in the playoff series against Calgary. An absolute shit show everytime they're on the ice yet they still see the ice lol. Bleeding scoring chances against over and over but because Rah Rah they hit, it's fine. Brutal. Just get Burroughs back in the line up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad