Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Senators - 5-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Miller, Dries, Aman)

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I was super critical of firing Boudreau mid-season but after seeing new habits being instilled or engrained in our player's brains, I get the timing now.

Not to say we are a permanently stingy team or a force to be reckoned with but a head start on next season is looking like a wise choice by management.

I know we are all a little caught up on draft position and rightfully so, but if the past has taught us anything it's that whether we pick 5th or 9th, there will be an impact player there. We've lost most draft lotteries and ended up with Pettersson and Hughes in those years.

I'm just trying to say enjoy the ride. We may not get Will Smith but maybe Cristall ends up better anyways (poor example I know).

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Yes I like to see the team win...BUT...this team is doing the most Canuck thing ever. It's been happening for the last 40 years...

Winning with spirit and an edge in meaningless games.

Having "a player" that the fan base was ready to move-off of start showing determination and effort and help lead the team.

And worst of all...take the team from probable top 5 draft pick range to somewin the 8 to 12 range.

Whatever...yay victory...go our team...beat those other guys and enjoy Kelowna in the off-season.

🤢💩💤

Reactions: Gurn and quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks fall in the draft into the 10-12 range, then maybe they go for the Swiss d-man David Reinbacher.....it might be a bit of a reach, but a right-shot d-man playing against men in the Swiss pro league, might get to Vancouver quicker.

And he would certainly fill a glaring hole. Just too bad that they could well fall out of the top eight.

Reactions: Grantham

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If the Canucks fall in the draft into the 10-12 range, then maybe they go for the Swiss d-man David Reinbacher.....it might be a bit of a reach, but a right-shot d-man playing against men in the Swiss pro league, might get to Vancouver quicker.

And he would certainly fill a glaring hole. Just too bad that they could well fall out of the top eight.
They’ve been calling for him from 5 and beyond despite his best ranking being 15 and lowest being 35.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

He’s the only RD in the top-10 conversation AFAIK…. He’ll go earlier rather than later.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Reinbacher does have a Swiss hockey license because he played almost all of his hockey in Switzerland but he's Austrian. He doesn't have Swiss citizenship.

• Haha
Reactions: Grantham and andora

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Wolanin is a great passer and rush joiner. I am really impressed by him. His career has been weird, as he hasn't played many games before this year. He is still out farm team's top scorer. May have something here. He should be open to a 2 year contract. Seems like a OEL replacement if OEL gets bought out.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
What happened during Benning’s time has NOTHING to do with now. The constant schtick of saying we’ve been sucking for 10 years lacks insight and critical thought. It’s ok to be optimistic with completely new management and new coaching.

What your doing wrong is this false equivalency between the past and now. What happened during Benning’s tenure has NOTHING to do with now and is NOT a useful indicator/predictor of the future.

Don’t let your PTSD hit you on the way out.

Scoreboard.

Talk to me when they are back contending for a stanley cup.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Required JT Miller to buy in as well (which it appears to have). He's as good as he wants to be (which on the plus side is damn good). Much like Todd Bertuzzi was though, motivation seems to be an issue.

imagine if bert had had a coach like tocc who could and would kick his ass when he got pissy or disinterested. could that have kept him in line?

I'd put Bure at #1 and Pettersson and Hughes after that.

tbh on pure talent i think mogilny was #1. the most talented player i’ve ever seen in person—he was a magician and flat out genius

Jeez

Seeing Adam Foote straight on and close up

Dude must have broken his nose at least 15X.
That that thing has more crooks, angles, bends, and chunks missing out of it than anyone.
Like just look at that thing.

inevitable adam foote and tim hunter nose off?

Interesting comments from Tocchet about Boeser's off season training. Sounds like Tocchet wants to be in the gym with Boeser this off season. That might be a very interesting and trying experience for puffy Brock.

if tocchet can fix brock, like gary roberts crossed with the toughest meanest scariest non-sex abusing gymnastics coach, that’s coach of the century material.

this is a player who’s never ever been coached. can tocchet be with him every day of the summer giving him on ice reps and completely reprogram him so he knows how to move his feet without the puck, get in passing lanes, seal the boards, at least initiate contact on the forecheck, win board battles, bear down when the puck is on is stick, all the things he has no idea how to do effectively? while also fixing his body and conditioning off the ice?

because man

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I guess every 2nd year the Canucks just need a new coaching change for this core so they can turn it up in the 2nd half of the season.

• Haha
Reactions: quat

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
My guess is that those odds will shoot up, right on the draft floor, if Reinbacher goes before the Canucks pick.
If the main 6 are gone, Moore and reinbacher as well, I would trade it 2bh or move down

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
if tocchet can fix brock, like gary roberts crossed with the toughest meanest scariest non-sex abusing gymnastics coach, that’s coach of the century material.

this is a player who’s never ever been coached. can tocchet be with him every day of the summer giving him on ice reps and completely reprogram him so he knows how to move his feet without the puck, get in passing lanes, seal the boards, at least initiate contact on the forecheck, win board battles, bear down when the puck is on is stick, all the things he has no idea how to do effectively? while also fixing his body and conditioning off the ice?

because man
This made me laugh. Yes just a couple things to fix and he'll be worth every penny

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Jt Miller, when he went in and forchecked hard, protected the puck and passed it out to Kuzy...what a play. He caused that goal through hard work and effort.
He looks so much better under Rick than Bruce.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I guess every 2nd year the Canucks just need a new coaching change for this core so they can turn it up in the 2nd half of the season.
Fredo had a heart attack paying for his kids $40,000 computer. He'll need a triple bypass paying all those head coaches to sit at home.:naughty:

Miller has certainly been a lot better of late. Particularly since the Horvat trade.
Probably afraid Tocchet would kick his ass if he floated.

• Haha
Reactions: ChuckNorris4Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad