Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 6-4 (Miller, Brock Boeser, Hamonic, Pearson, Chiasson, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Whether we win or lose Toronto media will speculate on our players being traded to them, so just win.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Wonder if the button on Hrudey’s jacket will pop off.

Hoping for a better effort than last time but with the same result.

Ah true to form it took exactly 5 posts before somebody mentioned the evil Toronto biased media. Such an inferiority complex we seem to have...

Reactions: m9

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
6-3 Toronto. Our goals by Podkolzin Hoglander and Schenn

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Usually doesnt bode well to play a decent NHL team , the game after they've been embarrassed..This is the case for the Canucks tonight..The Leafs will be well focused and motivated to make amends for their loss against the Sabres on Thursday.

This is very true, but the Leafs goaltending is very suspect right now and could easily let the team down. If Demko plays lights out, which he often does, the Canucks could end up outscoring the Leafs. 6-4 Canucks.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs and their Nation are in a surly mood......after a couple of stinkers.....goaltending looks like it's sprung a leak. Still, the Canucks in TO at the end of a road-trip, is a recipe for disaster. They usually bleed scoring chances and give up a bushel-full of odd-man rushes.

In Demko we trust...or hope.....he's going to have to be flat-out brilliant again.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Canucks have a pretty terrible record against the leafs in Toronto going back quite a while don't they?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This is very true, but the Leafs goaltending is very suspect right now and could easily let the team down. If Demko plays lights out, which he often does, the Canucks could end up outscoring the Leafs. 6-4 Canucks.
For sure...great goaltending masks a lot of deficiencies......and middling goaltending is how 'good' teams lose.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Toronto missing two ads
Easy win
200w-6.gif

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I tend to fog out on games we've played in TO (maybe cause we usually lose there), but one that stands out was Mats Sundin's return when he scored the winning goal for us in a shootout. I remember all the Canuck players enveloping him in a huge swarming hug. Storybook ending.

Hope Podz and Hogs pot another, and Petey starts another point streak. Hope Demko is HUGE once again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Win one for Boudreau, the ex-Leaf who usually always has his teams ready to play in TO. This isn't the Travis Green version of the Canucks.

I'd love to hear a "Bruce, there it is" chant right in the very heart of Leafs Nation! Not likely to happen. But something to hold on to for the next few hours at least.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Nothing feels better than beating the Leafs. Better than any team honestly.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Tavares hasn’t scored in 14 games? You just know that streak ends tonight…

I hope I’m proven wrong but I have a bad feeling about this game. Leafs got embarrassed by the Sabres the other day and they’ll remember how badly they dominated us last time and will want to avenge that loss.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
If we can get a goal early, especially if it's a bit greasy, we will walk away victorious. Think Demko will already be in their heads a bit, and after BUF a fast start for the good guys could lead to the Evil Empireless Empire imploding.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think our best chance is if Toronto’s goalie has an off night which certainly isn’t impossible

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think our best chance is if Toronto’s goalie has an off night which certainly isn’t impossible

Yeah, you can pretty much guarantee that Toronto is going to badly outplay us ... it's just a case of whether the difference in goaltending will get us a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad