Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets | 5-0 (Miller, Hoglander, Pettersson, Di Giuseppe, Suter) | Shot Down in Flames

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
You're telling me the Canucks got two shutouts in one game the same day the Oilers managed to lose the same game twice.

I'm sure Demko just tweeked something, might be a hidden blessing that Demko sits a bit in the short term and the Canucks are motivated to keep their defensive game at high alert.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Obviously a fantastic performance all around but look at these Hughes numbers from naturalstattrick:
View attachment 833605

Wtf...

Long overdue to say this: Hughes is like the Sedins in how he changes the complexion of the game for the Canucks, by being insanely good at hockey.

He’s really done an excellent job of improving his deficiencies and “hacking” the game to the Canucks advantage- even when not scoring. He has the puck so often and knows where it needs to go next, he stays unpredictable, he gets his shots thru, and he’s f***ing smart.

You’ll notice at one point tonight he drove an extended zone possession shift, and he intercepted a puck and immediately turned it back and got an offensive zone draw for the next guy, and we have some great faceoff takers. It’s bumping our possession numbers up. Its phenomenal the impact he has on a game.

I even then, I haven’t seen anyone do it as dynamically, diversely as Hughes. He single-handedly turns the tide around. He is playing generational hockey right now. Seriously.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pffft can't even call a dumbass dumb anymore smfh head

THANKS OBAMA 🤬🤬🤬
Since you have a nice avatar, and a solid neutral posting history, Ill talk to the other mods about taking back your warnings so you can like again. Until then, please post within the rules and remember to neutrally love this team

Man :yo:

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Not sure if it was mentioned in the GDT but would love to see a clip of DeSmith trying to head butt the puck that was going wide of the net...funny stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad