Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets | 5-0 (Miller, Hoglander, Pettersson, Di Giuseppe, Suter) | Shot Down in Flames

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
You know we're good again when we're arguing about how dominant a 5-0 win was LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
We have just gotten over a low stretch. We now have won 4 games in a row, 3 of those against top level teams. How the hell can t his be anything but great.

And I am overjoyed that we didnt bleed assets at the TDL to marginally improve the team to be "all in".

We have probably the best core in our history tied up for years, and if the next few years go well, maybe for the next 6 -8 year.

Gillis managed it, he made us a desirable destination ... well that seems to be where we are now. Getting players to sign on to "friendly" contracts is so valuable., ....

And we have Pods, Lekk, Willy, EP2 etc coming in on cheap contracts, hoping we have 3 - 5 years of being one of the best teams in the league.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
We have just gotten over a low stretch. We now have won 4 games in a row, 3 of those against top level teams. How the hell can t his be anything but great.

And I am overjoyed that we didnt bleed assets at the TDL to marginally improve the team to be "all in".

We have probably the best core in our history tied up for years, and if the next few years go well, maybe for the next 6 -8 year.

Gillis managed it, he made us a desirable destination ... well that seems to be where we are now. Getting players to sign on to "friendly" contracts is so valuable., ....

And we have Pods, Lekk, Willy, EP2 etc coming in on cheap contracts, hoping we have 3 - 5 years of being one of the best teams in the league.

Feels good, doesn't it?

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Worried there hasn't been much said about Demko. If it was nothing, think they would have said so by now.

Probably just tweaked his groin. I doubt it will be serious as in season ending considering it was a decision he made during stoppage of play, and not one of those plays where the goalie make a save and play is blown down from injury.

Reactions: timw33 and Indiana

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It's time to put down the controller for EANHL and watch a real hockey game.
Come on now, even without looking Im confident that the jets fans think it was an ass whooping.
I certainly don't disagree.
Canucks opened a can of WUP ASS on them.

But was it a perfect game?

Reactions: Indiana

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
1710195411772.png

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Move the coyotes, more expansion
More expansion doesn’t increase the cap unless the new franchise adds revenue above the current average. Expansion makes the pie bigger but you have to divide into more slices. If you want a higher cap, you need growth in existing revenue streams, hence my totally serious in-game roulette suggestion.

so you're saying it's unsustainable?
Or that PDO is a stat more appropriate to the Ministry of Silly Walks than serious analysis.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
More expansion doesn’t increase the cap unless the new franchise adds revenue above the current average. Expansion makes the pie bigger but you have to divide into more slices. If you want a higher cap, you need growth in existing revenue streams, hence my totally serious in-game roulette suggestion.

Or that PDO is a stat more appropriate to the Ministry of Silly Walks than serious analysis.
I mean moving the coyotes will probably increase the rev/ franchise. Have to imagine they are a revenue anchor.

I think they have figured out a good way for expansion franchise to be successful so I think we can assume the new expansions will be reasonably good so you don’t end up with a shit team where they have to beg for attendance. I think the biggest uncertainty is TV money. Not sure if getting more teams can grow that revenue.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad