Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets - 3-2 (OEL, Burroughs, Garland)

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yup. Boeser is done. This league is all about skating and stick checking at this point. Transition hockey with checking ability is a simple recipe for success. Boeser looks a Vanek out there with sluggish skating, weak body checking. He's really a 1-dimesional winger, let's find more guys like Hoglander, Podkolzin, Motte, Garland, etc. Imagine somebody like Hossa on the wing of Pettersson.
Would you do the oft spank-tasied Boeser for Dumba?

Reactions: MarkMM

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Its sad to think think that in order to squeeze out a 1 goal win we need:

- to take zero penalties
- to have Demko stand on his head
- to have the opposition play on back to back nights
- to score 2 pp goals
- to play against the backup goalie

Nothing is “fixed” with the Canucks

even if the Canucks media puppet imac says “the pressure is off”

Last edited:

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
So conflicted with this win, lol...

It really shouldn't have ever come to this, but this is where we are at.

More Benning and Green, here we go.

Reactions: Indiana

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011

- to take zero penalties
- to score 2 pp goals

lmao, almost blew it at the end too. Demko literally making tough saves right up until the buzzer...

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
This was the kind of game where when you are playing well you say good teams find a way! And when you are playing poorly like we have you say man we got lucky.

obviously we are in the second part. We were out played by a tired team got lucky with referees and great goaltending.

to me the sad part is this was a big improvement, it’s just sad to say we were better and still way out played by a team that was tired playing their backup and clearly not sharp.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Jets team was tired, but overall I thought the Canucks looked the better team last night..When your team is fragile, a 3-1 lead is never secure, but they got the win.

Chicago will also be coming in off a b2b tomorrow, so thats another opportunity to get a win, and some confidence before they head out on the road....Chicago is playing well now, nothing comes easy for the Canucks.

Garland/Podz looked really good last night..Great to see Podz' game growing, while EP and Boeser are trying to regain theirs.

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
If Boeser isn't going to be a trigger man, it's time to trade him. Tired of seeing him standing in front of the net and being ineffective on the boards.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

- to take zero penalties
- to score 2 pp goals
- to play against the backup goalie

even if the Canucks media puppet imac says “the pressure is off”
/thread

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Perspective! Better than the parade of platitudes some media are almost awarding, I almost expect a "THEY SLAYED THE DRAGON" from management or their media.

Thomas Drance
@ThomasDrance

#Canucks power-play tweaks paying off (against a tired team playing their third game in four nights, with a goaltender in net who hasn't played in two weeks, and who had a 65% PK coming in)!
8:17 PM · Nov 19, 2021·TweetDeck

3rd in four nights AND BACK TO BACK

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and MarkMM

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
As I posted, a scheduled win. The team's strength that Green etal were boasting failed, 5 on 5
They get these game managers, err, referee's again and no penalty kills again.
And at that they were hanging by the fingernails in the third period.

Outshot, out hit, gave up more turnovers, to a tired team that also having PP and PK problems.
A win is a win but this win should not influence what is happening in the standings or are fans content with chasing a playoff spot in year 7/8 of Benning's tenure?

But then chasing a playoff spot would be being close and they aren't.

Nothing special tonight and another scheduled win next game. Even Arizona wins these scheduled wins
These games should be easy for the Canucks
Chicago, 3rd game in 4 nights with border crossings

But Benning and crew figure the fans are too stupid to figure out a tired team or a scheduled win by themselves

Last edited:

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
There were some positives to take away in that maybe the power play is coming to life, but you gotta do this in more than one game. It wasn't perfect, but when you are coming out of funk like this, you have to walk before you can run. so hopefully this the start of the climb back to winning more games than they lose. Even if the play-offs aren't in the cards, I still want to see some entertaining games the rest of the way. And I think playing well is important for the growth of the team, especially for young guys like Hog and Podz.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
There were some positives to take away in that maybe the power play is coming to life, but you gotta do this in more than one game. It wasn't perfect, but when you are coming out of funk like this, you have to walk before you can run. so hopefully this the start of the climb back to winning more games than they lose. Even if the play-offs aren't in the cards, I still want to see some entertaining games the rest of the way. And I think playing well is important for the growth of the team, especially for young guys like Hog and Podz.

…and maybe against a team with a 70%+ PK? Would you say the PP was coming to life if they potted a couple against the Canucks?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Every time the Canucks win--which isn't often--you can point to couple of saves that Demko is forced to make like a guy on an island out there. I counted three absolutely 10-bell saves in the first 10 minutes, otherwise the Jets open the scoring and it changes the complexion of the game.

And of course the Canucks PK was perfect, simply because they didn't take a penalty. How often does that happen? I guess you can't lose them all. But looking at the way this team defends and kills penalties, I have no doubt 'the tank' thread will be going strong all season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
he couldn’t have said this with a straight face
Maybe Podkolzin is "committed to all areas of the game and understands the importance of defense and checking". But he couldn't possibly have learned this from Green. Credit his coaches in Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad