Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets - 3-2 (Horvat, Petan, Pearson)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: October 3rd, 2021, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet One
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Podkolzin - Miller - Chiasson
Petan - Focht - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Dowling - Lockwood

Ekman-Larsson - Poolman

Hunt - Bowey
Rathbone - Burroughs

Halak
DiPietro

Winnipeg Jets’ Starting Lineup:
TBD

Last edited:

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014

No sooner do I post the lines from yesterday do they announce different guys playing. :laugh: Will adjust.

I don't know the lines so one can mix them as they see fit.

Pearson-Horvat-Pod
Garland-Miller-Hog
Petan-Dowling-Chaisson
DiGiuseppe-Focht-Lockwood

OEL-Poolman
Rathbone-Bowey
Hunt-Burroughs

Halak-Dipietro

So our first look at Halak. Bowey gets a game. Juolevi out… is that battle over? They might want to look at Pod lower down the lineup, but in that case who moves up?

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
While his pivoting remains a major flaw olli showed some capabilities on the pk as well.
I think he deserves to get some extended time this camp.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
This looks like the fringe group to me. IE someone needs to show something otherwise you're going to the AHL

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Those D, 2nd and 3rd pairings could get lit up....I guess it depends on what kind of roster the Jets have tonight.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Is there a reason Green is so reluctant to put Garland on Horvat’s wing? Still blows my mind he hasn’t gone with this yet, even if its only 3 games in. I think we will see it once Petey comes in though.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Is there a reason Green is so reluctant to put Garland on Horvat’s wing? Still blows my mind he hasn’t gone with this yet, even if its only 3 games in. I think we will see it once Petey comes in though.
Probably see a bunch of changes with EP back....Miller back on the wing...Pod onto the 3rd line..?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I get the impression they may have him be the 7th and see if he can't break in. But honestly, I don't have any real hope of Juolevi ever being a NHL caliber defenseman.
Would be a waste sticking him as the #7. He's not going to be getting any better being a black ace. I get they don't want to risk losing him off of waivers but seriously, he'll be kind of worthless stagnating in the pressbox vs seeing actual icetime (even if it's at the AHL level).

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Has Woo bent sent down? He’s not going to get looks later in the preseason so if he’s not in now I doubt he gets in another game.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I don't know the lines so one can mix them as they see fit.

Pearson-Horvat-Pod
Garland-Miller-Hog
Petan-Dowling-Chaisson
DiGiuseppe-Focht-Lockwood

OEL-Poolman
Rathbone-Bowey
Hunt-Burroughs

Halak-Dipietro

So our first look at Halak. Bowey gets a game. Juolevi out… is that battle over? They might want to look at Pod lower down the lineup, but in that case who moves up?
Carson Focht playing in his 1st game as well. Your line-up bodes well for Woo, he played in the only game that we won and that was a NHL level roster. Burroughs and Bowey are just filling in until the last 3 games I bet. They are sure cuts, but give Myers and Woo some more time.

Rathbone has played in every game so far. We need a better variety of LDs. It's the same 3 guys playing if OEL isn't in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad