Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Ducks - 3-2 (Joshua x2, Boeser) | 100 Points! Unpucker!

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
There is a reason for concern here, but there are better ways to construct the lineup.

Hoglander-Lindholm-Lafferty would be a much better 2nd/3rd line, if they are running the Lotto line.

Then Pod-Suter-Mikh would be a very decent 4th line.
I constructed the lineup that way for reasons I outlined in the post.

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
All of Myers money has gone to Petey and Hronek's extensions.

Money will also have to go to OEL's buy out which is 2.3m next year and 4.7m the next two years following that.

Sad and true.
Huge overpayments, will mean this is the last we'll see of joshua.

Reactions: Indiana

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I constructed the lineup that way for reasons I outlined in the post.
I know, and I generally agree with the approach of keeping effective duos together and then trying to figure out the third piece.

But I think Lafferty and Lindholm have shown some chemistry together and could be one of those effective duos.

If you keep the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line together you then have:

Miller - Boeser
EP - Hoglander
Lafferty - Lindholm

as strong duos to play around with. EP-Garland is also a strong duo if you want to break up that third line.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I'm glad I missed this one. Afternoon games are always a frustrating and angering thing. I thought they played very well against LA and Dallas and I won't judge them on an Easter Sunday 12:30 local time game against a team so far out of it. Hard to get up for that.

They should do anything they can to keep Joshua and Garland. The team would be totally different without them.
Keeping Garland is pretty simple since he's under contract through June, 2026. Joshua is a pending unrestricted free agent who appears to be due a good sized raise so keeping him involves coming to terms with him and cap management. We could be looking at an interesting off-season.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I know, and I generally agree with the approach of keeping effective duos together and then trying to figure out the third piece.

But I think Lafferty and Lindholm have shown some chemistry together and could be one of those effective duos.

If you keep the Joshua-Blueger-Garland line together you then have:

Miller - Boeser
EP - Hoglander
Lafferty - Lindholm

as strong duos to play around with. EP-Garland is also a strong duo if you want to break up that third line.
Yeah fair enough. Guess I was ultimately trying to rekindle early season magic with that lineup.

• Love
Reactions: ziploc and Indiana

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Joshua really does bring something special to this squad with his ability to win battles and make smart plays around the boards and the net. I don't see him falling off unless he has some terrible injuries, this is a guy you absolutely lock up to be paid like a guy who can move up and down the lineup.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
so much left to be desire

do they have another gear or did they peak too early
I am being positive for the sake of being positive. Why waste your strength on a meaningless game when you can half ass this game and save your best for the playoffs?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
All of Myers money has gone to Petey and Hronek's extensions.

Money will also have to go to OEL's buy out which is 2.3m next year and 4.7m the next two years following that.
Meyers coming back is highly dependent on what a home town break he will give. $2M is clearly worthwhile (in my opinion), and anything more than $3M the Canucks can spend better elsewhere. He can probably get way more on the open market, so its up to him to decide on what he wants

for that matter, how these playoffs go probably have a lot to say about that......

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Keeping Garland is pretty simple since he's under contract through June, 2026. Joshua is a pending unrestricted free agent who appears to be due a good sized raise so keeping him involves coming to terms with him and cap management. We could be looking at an interesting off-season.
Yes but Garland was considered a contract dump and I sure hope that's no longer a thing.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
What do you guys think would be the most realistic expectations in playoffs this year?

I'm thinking round 2 getting to maybe game 6?

Reactions: David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad