Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Coyotes, Thursday: Playoff push — now with 100% less Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
NHL is just one customer among many many others for these arenas.

It's gonna be a scheduling nightmare.

Regular season is done like dinner.
A lot of those customers are music acts though, and concert tour dates are getting canceled like hotcakes out there.

We'll find out in ~20 minutes if they intend to "wait and see" or if they'll shut down the season outright

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
"Mortgaged the future for Taffoli"

What a joke. give me a break. they traded a second round pick, an ahl player, and a mid range prospect.

Get a grip.
Ok.

I'm sooooooo happy they traded away more Canucks futures for 10 games of Tyler "Taffoli".

Because a scoring winger was for sure the key missing piece between the Canucks being a playoff contender and the Canucks being a Stanley Cup winner.

My hockey experience was most definitely enhanced with "Taffoli" in the line up as he's not a trash player like Brandon Sutter.

As well, Tyler Madden was looking more and more like a bust and the Canucks have plenty of prospects and picks to go around.

Thanks RussianRocket.

I'm gripped now.

u0QnjHv.gif

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Well if that's it folks it sucks that it had to happen that way..but it is what it is, more important things out there than a silly little game.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The idiot in chief can be faulted for a lot of things. Not reading a Dean Koontz book from the eighties and treating it like gospel isn't one of those things.

Could someone catch me up on what manor of injury Tanev has? The last thing I remember seeing of Tanev last game, he was removing one of the shot blocking protectors from his skate...

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Ok.

I'm sooooooo happy they traded away more Canucks futures for 10 games of Tyler "Taffoli".

Because a scoring winger was for sure the key missing piece between the Canucks being a playoff contender and the Canucks being a Stanley Cup winner.

My hockey experience was most definitely enhanced with "Taffoli" in the line up as he's not a trash player like Brandon Sutter.

As well, Tyler Madden was looking more and more like a bust and the Canucks have plenty of prospects and picks to go around.

Thanks RussianRocket.

I'm gripped now.

u0QnjHv.gif

JB should have played 4D chess and seen the stoppage coming. /s

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The idiot in chief can be faulted for a lot of things. Not reading a Dean Koontz book from the eighties and treating it like gospel isn't one of those things.

Could someone catch me up on what manor of injury Tanev has? The last thing I remember seeing of Tanev last game, he was removing one of the shot blocking protectors from his skate...

I thought the skate protector was just a loose strap. He took a hit in the corner to Demko's right just before leaving the game, looked like he caught a stanchion so I thought ribs at the time, but if LBI then maybe knee?

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well the moose (my wife) and I cancelled all events this morning, I don't get to play hockey or pickle ball for at least a month. Bought a dehydrator and vacuum sealer. Todays my last hockey game. Sigh.

Golf and walking are the only events we will chance.

So what the hell is going to happen to the Canucks 1st round pick now.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I thought the skate protector was just a loose strap. He took a hit in the corner to Demko's right just before leaving the game, looked like he caught a stanchion so I thought ribs at the time, but if LBI then maybe knee?

Not that there is any good to be found in our top shutdown D being out, but I was worried it was another shot blocking injury. Well I hope it isn't anything serious, those stanchions aren't a fun ride.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
So what the hell is going to happen to the Canucks 1st round pick now.

If the season is completely lost I expect the current standings to be the draft order making the Canucks pick this year to be the one moved in the Miller trade.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
"Mortgaged the future for Taffoli"

What a joke. give me a break. they traded a second round pick, an ahl player, and a mid range prospect.

Get a grip.
You’re wrong. 2nd round pick is a good puck and Madden is way above mid range prospect and I have a feeling you know that.

10 games of TT. You think that was worth it?

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
I REALLY hope people dont bitch about the Toffoli trade under the circumstances.
I'm more annoyed that the Canucks likely miss the playoffs, even if the season restarts in a few weeks.

There's talk of wildcard teams not making the cut.

And of course Benning will use this as an excuse as to why they didn't make it, failing to admit that the team has been barely average the last while.

I'm sure he'll say that we would've won the last handful of games

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
All the breathless verbiage and ink spilled about the draft, trades and prospects seems pretty pointless now. Even shutting down pro sports in NA and around the world seems pretty trivial.

The human population is closing on 8 billion people. And with a mobile population, a virus outbreak like this one was more than predictable it was inevitable.

Will any lessons be learned? Viruses are Mother Nature's implacable enemy of all living organisms. They can kill indiscriminately and lethally, from the top to the bottom of organism chain.

And with the human population exploding, the unsafe and arrogant practices of past around food supply, chemical fertilizers and preservatives; fossil fuel pollution and oceans swimming in plastic, have to trigger dramatic changes. We're being warned.

Without change, the cancellation of the seasons for a few high-priced pro athletes will be at the least of our worries.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I REALLY hope people dont bitch about the Toffoli trade under the circumstances.
Kinda hard not to, but it's not like I expected Benning or any GM to see this coming.

What sucks is that it'll make it that much harder to re-sign him for multiple reasons.

1) Cap will be effected

2) Toffoli isn't playing more regular season games and potentially some playoff games(if the season gets cancelled altogether) with his new teammates and getting comfortable here in the locker room and in the city

3) Toffoli is probably gonna be chilling in LA with his wife now and getting back to that lifestyle

I know some people here think it's a waste of cap space to sign him, but I think he slots in perfectly along side either EP or Bo.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
All the breathless verbiage and ink spilled about the draft, trades and prospects seems pretty pointless now. Even shutting down pro sports in NA and around the world seems pretty trivial.

The human population is closing on 8 billion people. And with a mobile population, a virus outbreak like this one was more than predictable it was inevitable.

Will any lessons be learned? Viruses are Mother Nature's implacable enemy of all living organisms. They can kill indiscriminately and lethally, from the top to the bottom of organism chain.

And with the human population exploding, the unsafe and arrogant practices of past around food supply, chemical fertilizers and preservatives; fossil fuel pollution and oceans swimming in plastic, have to trigger dramatic changes. We're being warned.

Without change, the cancellation of the seasons for a few high-priced pro athletes will be at the least of our worries.
Great post. This can’t be liked enough.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If the season is completely lost I expect the current standings to be the draft order making the Canucks pick this year to be the one moved in the Miller trade.
That doesn't sound fair..Other teams in our division have played 2 more games than the Canucks...The disparagement of GP and points is not an even playing field.

Not sure what the other alternatives are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad