Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Coyotes, Thursday: Playoff push — now with 100% less Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
All the breathless verbiage and ink spilled about the draft, trades and prospects seems pretty pointless now. Even shutting down pro sports in NA and around the world seems pretty trivial.

The human population is closing on 8 billion people. And with a mobile population, a virus outbreak like this one was more than predictable it was inevitable.

Will any lessons be learned? Viruses are Mother Nature's implacable enemy of all living organisms. They can kill indiscriminately and lethally, from the top to the bottom of organism chain.

And with the human population exploding, the unsafe and arrogant practices of past around food supply, chemical fertilizers and preservatives; fossil fuel pollution and oceans swimming in plastic, have to trigger dramatic changes. We're being warned.

Without change, the cancellation of the seasons for a few high-priced pro athletes will be at the least of our worries.

Look I agree with you but you have to realize that in time’s like this hockey is an outlet and this message board is going to an major outlet if we hit Italy levels of trouble.

complaining about draft picks and games doesn’t mean people don’t think or understand what your saying they might just need a break from all this

Reactions: Bougieman

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That doesn't sound fair..Other teams in our division have played 2 more games than the Canucks...The disparagement of GP and points is not an even playing field.

Not sure what the other alternatives are though.

That's the thing, there really aren't any. I'd be willing to bet that the remaining games are already lost. We'll see though. The NHL may want to try and get every game played. I just don't see that happening.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That's the thing, there really aren't any. I'd be willing to bet that the remaining games are already lost. We'll see though. The NHL may want to try and get every game played. I just don't see that happening.
Actually...Nucker101 in post# 101 mentioned point %......It does sound the obvious choice...Not sure where that puts the Canucks.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
This is excellent for the Canucks any way you slice it.

We were on a swift decline out of the playoffs with Hughes and maybe Pettersson playing through injuries.

They get to rest up and heal, we're still in the playoffs if they occur, and if they don't we secure the condition on the Miller pick ahead of what will likely be a much worse season barring cap miracles.

Sucks for us fans though. Offseasons are eternal as is without this. Also hurts us a lot for re-signing Toffoli as he hardly got to settle in

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Canucks can't lose if they never play the game
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad