Confirmed with Link: Canucks come to affiliate agreement with ECHL Alaska Aces

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
They actually have a pretty intense, dedicated fan base from what I've heard. No idea how they pay for travel, would be interested to see how much that costs them.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Seems like kind of an odd choice geographically but I guess it's good to have a contract in place.

I know during winter getting flights in or out of Alaska can be a challenge.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Errr...woohoo? Sort of?

gallery_3406_853_429.jpeg

IrascibleOne

Sep 14, 2005
Anchorage, AK
Good motivation for the guys fighting to make the Comets... :P

That's rather silly, when you take into account how similar Alaska and B.C. are.

For Alaska fans, this will definitely be seen as an improvement. We had no affiliate last season, and endured a terrible affiliation with St. Louis the season prior (although a decent one with Minn.).

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Seems like kind of an odd choice geographically but I guess it's good to have a contract in place.

I know during winter getting flights in or out of Alaska can be a challenge.

It's not that bad.

Maybe in fairbanks it might be difficult, but Anchorage it's rather easy. People forget that it's a coastal city and it really doesn't get colder then -15 here in winters. Usually it always stays sunny and we got barely any snow last year.

It's the darkness and daylight that should be most concerning TBH.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
To quote that ancient 50's icon Johnny Horton from "North to Alaska'....unlikely the Canucks will be finding any "Bonanza Gold' in Anchorage.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That's rather silly, when you take into account how similar Alaska and B.C. are.

For Alaska fans, this will definitely be seen as an improvement. We had no affiliate last season, and endured a terrible affiliation with St. Louis the season prior (although a decent one with Minn.).

And now Aces fans will get to cheer on Mackenze Stewart.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation

FYI, the Comets are Utica, New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad